people who have exhaust mods...

bigcletus94

....have you noticed a decrease in engine temperature? If so how much? My dad thinks my car runs so hot is because the stock exhaust is junk at best. He was telling me that after he built up a hemi motor in his 69' Roadrunner, that the stock hemi exhaust would make the car get really hot. After he had a shop custom build an exhaust system for him, it cooled way down. Back in the 70's it only cost him $160 bucks for a custom built exhaust system!

If I can get this thing to stop overheating and leaking, exhaust is first on my list. I am just affraid that it will be too loud. Right now, I can't even hear it. Its nice and quiet. If I took it to a muffler shop, would they be knowledgeable at custom building a system for these cars? Thanks.

i don't have any hard proof but i do think your father is right. after i got my exhaust my car did run a little cooler. i got my true duals built for $150 with an x pipe had to supply the mufflers

Your father is right . The stock exhaust is JUNK and replacing it will help the engine in many ways. However it will not stop a car from overheating unless the cats are cloged up pretty bad. That could be part of your problem. Does your car in fact overheat? Why did you replace your engine? Did you blow the head gaskets on your old engine ever? If you blew your head gaskets in a way that had you pumping steam[the white smoke most people talk about] out the tailpipes, then you most likely contaminated and at least partly cloged your cats.

Back