anyone found a source for odometer gears?

ddw350

all i see on the search forums is how hard it is to get the plastic gear for the odometers for our cars.since mine stopped working this weekend,i will be fooling with it coming up shortly..i was wondering if someone found a supplier or some parts for them,or do we still have to get the whole unit from the junkyard,or tear apart our beloved 2 Live Crew casstte tapes inorder to scavenge for parts??...damn car....

scottkornhaus, showed me how do replace the gears if anyone need/wants help. Or I can do it for you.

ive been reading up on it..doesnt sound too hard,just tedious and time consuming.when i get around to doing it,im gonna make sure its warm/hot out..i helped a friend of mine with a heater core last winter in his chevy car,he broke every piece of hard plastic there was! and wasnt really forcing it,i dont want broken bezels/covers and stuff,id rather have the odometer not work! is the rumor true of a "sticker" falling off the back of the speedo gauge and getting caught in the gears? seems kinda silly....

Back