Nos

98blueoval

Any of you guys running NOS on your cars? I am planning to install it on my car.Would like to know if you have and tips/tricks on installing it.What size shot you spraying? maybe pictures under the hood of locations for the noids and the WOT Switch? Ithink i have room to mount the noids on one of the bolts on the sc top ,on the same side as the TB using the rear bolt.and maybe utilizing the bottom bolt holding the throttle linkage for the WOT switch.The kit i will be installing i have been running on a 98 V6 mustang.Been spraying 150 shot on it.I have jets for the 150,125 and 90 shots

have fun blowing up your motor.

do something about your exhaust first, otherwise I don't think the HG's will stand up to it.

I have not seen anyone (that I can think of) using over a 75 shot on a SC. In fact, the more I think about it the most common one I have seen is a 50 shot. The total reason for using N20 is to cool down the air. It goes in the return plenum after the IC for the best results. I do not have pics, but I bet if you do a search, you could find some.

Chris

98blueoval said:
Any of you guys running NOS on your cars? I am planning to install it on my car.Would like to know if you have and tips/tricks on installing it.What size shot you spraying? maybe pictures under the hood of locations for the noids and the WOT Switch? Ithink i have room to mount the noids on one of the bolts on the sc top ,on the same side as the TB using the rear bolt.and maybe utilizing the bottom bolt holding the throttle linkage for the WOT switch.The kit i will be installing i have been running on a 98 V6 mustang.Been spraying 150 shot on it.I have jets for the 150,125 and 90 shots

This article has a lot of good info about using nitrous on an SC and if you follow the reccomendations it contains, you won't have any problems.

http://www.sccoa.com/sccoo/Faq/nitrousoxide.htm

I'm using an NOS wet kit on my SC and have been spraying a 100 HP shot for several years (track only). Initially I had the solenoids on either side of the supercharger top, but with all the hoses and wiring that made it a real pain in the azz to work on the motor. BTW, they won't fit under a stock hood if mounted on either side of the SC top without making some custom mounting brackets. Here's what I did.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=164306&postcount=48

I've now got all the solenoids mounted on the passengerside fender near the firewall.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18917&d=1141964182

David

seawalkersee said:
I have not seen anyone (that I can think of) using over a 75 shot on a SC. In fact, the more I think about it the most common one I have seen is a 50 shot. The total reason for using N20 is to cool down the air. It goes in the return plenum after the IC for the best results. I do not have pics, but I bet if you do a search, you could find some.

Chris

Here is where I can disagree with Chris:D

N2O is an oxidizer, it releases “extra” oxygen which requires “extra” gas to accommodate that extra oxygen. The cooling effect is just oen more benifit.

As far as plumbing, most put it in the lower IC tube, or in the return plenum elbow.

I’m kinda thinking for the next round of mods, I might spend a little extra $$$ and plumb an EGT monitor in each primary to see what the balance looks like. Maybe form there I can decide how much I really wanna run:cool:

I'd also start with a 50HP shot,and owrk up form there. 50-70-90, depending on how ballsy you are :)

Last edited:
Im spraying 75 wet, with 3 degrees taken out with the octane plug pulled. I pulled the window washer fluid container and mounted the solenoids there. I was going to cut the back out of the ww and put it over the solenoids to but car is at home and Im at IU so no dice there.

Mine Is The Same, But A Dry One

sizemoremk said:
Here is where I can disagree with Chris:D

N2O is an oxidizer, it releases “extra” oxygen which requires “extra” gas to accommodate that extra oxygen. The cooling effect is just oen more benifit.

As far as plumbing, most put it in the lower IC tube, or in the return plenum elbow.

I’m kinda thinking for the next round of mods, I might spend a little extra $$$ and plumb an EGT monitor in each primary to see what the balance looks like. Maybe form there I can decide how much I really wanna run:cool:

I'd also start with a 50HP shot,and owrk up form there. 50-70-90, depending on how ballsy you are :)
MOUNTED ON THE DRIVERS SIDE :D RATHER THAN PASSENER

i'm running a zex wet kit 55 hp jets with the nozzle plummed into the return plenum after the act sensor.i mounted the management unit on the passenger side firewall.the zex kit has 1 wire that you hook to the wire on the tps with the outgoing voltage that senses wot.

Last edited:
David Neibert said:
This article has a lot of good info about using nitrous on an SC and if you follow the reccomendations it contains, you won't have any problems.

http://www.sccoa.com/sccoo/Faq/nitrousoxide.htm

I'm using an NOS wet kit on my SC and have been spraying a 100 HP shot for several years (track only). David
Ouch...I forgot about you using that David. I thought you had ditched the N2o in favor of Alcohol.

Chris

How close are the two nozzles david? You don't think you could run into issues where the nitrous freezes the meth mixture? Is that even possible? Im assuming the alcohol has evaporated by then.
Phil

seawalkersee said:
Ouch...I forgot about you using that David. I thought you had ditched the N2o in favor of Alcohol.

Chris

Chris,

No I ditched the propane in favor of nitrous and added the alky injection to allow more timing with high boost and pump gas. I did try using the nitrous and alky injection combined when I had the MPIII on the car. It worked fine on the dyno and made about the same power as it did with the MPII.

I have not been able to use the nitrous system since installing the AR and 60# injectors, because I didn't have enough fuel pump capacity (tried but it kept going real lean). I just finished installing a Ken Belle boost-a-pump fuel pump voltage increaser which should provide enough extra fuel to safely use the nitrous system up to about 125 HP.

If you want to see how fast it is on the bottle or possibly see it go up in smoke like the turbo car did last year, then plan to attend the Shootout.

David

Phillio99 said:
How close are the two nozzles david? You don't think you could run into issues where the nitrous freezes the meth mixture? Is that even possible? Im assuming the alcohol has evaporated by then.
Phil

Phil,

The nitrous/fuel nozzel is located in the lower IC tube about 18 inches before the returm plenum. The methanol injection nozzel is located just before the ACT sensor in the return plenum. No I don't think it presents any problems with where they are located. I've already tested it using both systems when I had the MPIII on the car, and it worked fine.

David

David Neibert said:
Chris,

No I ditched the propane in favor of nitrous and added the alky injection to allow more timing with high boost and pump gas. I did try using the nitrous and alky injection combined when I had the MPIII on the car. It worked fine on the dyno and made about the same power as it did with the MPII.

I have not been able to use the nitrous system since installing the AR and 60# injectors, because I didn't have enough fuel pump capacity (tried but it kept going real lean). I just finished installing a Ken Belle boost-a-pump fuel pump voltage increaser which should provide enough extra fuel to safely use the nitrous system up to about 125 HP.

If you want to see how fast it is on the bottle or possibly see it go up in smoke like the turbo car did last year, then plan to attend the Shootout.

David

Cant make the shootout this year. I pretty much knew it when my wife got pregnate again (she did it all on her own ya know...:p ). But, with that, the new job and having BOTH kids at home with her while she has not had a break just is not smart on my part. She actually told me I could go, but I know now is not the time to spend a smooth grand on a trip and not even have my car there. Maybe next year I will git it out and give you a run for your money...And from the looks of your post, I am going to need more fuel for my N2O with the Whipple...

Chris

Back