engine tuning products

esgtbird

what should i buy? i was thinking about buying sds engine management but after talking to some people i am confused should i buy the sds, ecc tunner, sctuner, the sct pro racer, or just buy a chip. the link to the sds is www.sdsefi.com please help any good info is welcome. i just want something
that i can tune and not have a hard time understanding how to work the tuner

It all depends on the level of performance modifications your vehicle has and what you plan on doing with your vehicle. You have everything from a few hundred dollars to get a factory ecu chip tuned to 10's of thousands of dollars to do a full standalone engine management. A little more info on your application would help those that know help you.

the car is a 1990 sc 5 speed it has a ported blower, custom top, ported plenum, front mount intercooler, big maf, 75mm tb, headers, full true 2 1/2 dual exhaust, ported heads, cam 220 220 520 lift, roller rockers, under drive pulleys, 50 lb injectors, 10% overdrive pulley, 3.27 gears, 255 lph fuel pump,
fuel regulator, custom cold air intake and a ported intake. I would like to have something that is reprogram able so incase I do any other mods I can program the computer for the changes.

SCT Pro Racer package is more then enough for you. It will run like factory, cold start, transition, and probably pass a tail pipe sniffer if your decent about tuning and you don't have to be an EFI wiz to work with it.

If you buy a SCT pro racer package. And you don't want to or
have access to a dyno. You would want to be able to down load
data from your car. Innovate has the LM-2 you can read Air/fuel
ratio and down load other needed data for tuning. I would buy
the LM2 or better, I forgot the name of innovates better
equipment. it fines more data than the LM-2, with just the
RPM cable.

I have a SCT four position chip, Innovate LM-2, SCT Racer package.
I have had them for a little over a year. Havent figuar out how
to use them yet. SCT also has a manual for $75.00 you may
want to buy it to if you deside to go with these products.

www.innovatemotorsports.com
www.sctflash.com

Thanks Randy

Last edited:
Well that sds seems ancient, but it will work. Never used SCT personally, but have heard good things about it. You could go through Moates.net, buy the tuning peices, and use eec editor. Quite a few people with srt4's are running that Megasquirt, which is custom built per application, but requires some wiring intelligence for installation. And I know AEM make a universal ems system. I know they have one for the mustangs, so i wouldn't see them not being able to work on a v6. They have an easy to use gui, but they can be pricey.

I have found for EEC tuning there are two discussion forums @ yahoogroups.com for me better than SCT forum, though I have a SCT.

One is EECTuner at yahoogroups.com
Second is tweecer at yahoogroups.com

Back