Another Abs Conversion

THE BIRDMAN

Does anyone know where to hook the vacuum up on a 1991 SC after you have converted over to normal power brakes. I got the booster for my year T-Bird and a master cylinder from a 93 Crown Vic (Well I got the m/c on order) but where do i hook the vacuum up for the booster any help would be greaaaaaaaaatly apprecciated.

Mine goes to the vacuum tree. And the tree vacuum gets its vacuum from the inlet plenum just past the throttle body.

Mike

THE BIRDMAN said:
The Tree On Right Below The Cowling Just To The Right Of The Booster If You're Standing In Front Of The Car?

No, I used the tree below the cowl behind the supercharger.

Mike

My 90 had a fitting right above where the booster was. I used the hose and vac dist block from the same crown vic as the master cylinder. Getting rid of the ABS is the most usefull mod ive ever done to a SC! I only wish I had gotten a new booster, as the one I have is hissing like madd with the brakes applied.

Sweet Thanks For The Info I Hated The Abs On My Car Anyway And Yeah I Bought A New Booster And M/c Cause That Booster Was Such A Pain I Didn't Want To Have To Do It Twice Lol.did You Use The Inline Pro Valve And If So Was It Short And Black?

The crown vic prop valve is threaded into the rear port on the MC, and mine is brass color. The rear line screws right into it. I kept the SC prop valve too. Did you get the splitter block for the front brake lines?

Super XR7 said:
No, I used the tree below the cowl behind the supercharger.

Mike

I just looked at how I installed the vacuum line and no I did not go where I said. I did run it to the vacuum connection just above the booster.

Mike

7birdslater said:
The crown vic prop valve is threaded into the rear port on the MC, and mine is brass color. The rear line screws right into it. I kept the SC prop valve too. Did you get the splitter block for the front brake lines?

Yes, bought a T and fittings from Autozone.

Mike

Thanks For The Vaccuum Line Info. I Guess I'll Have To Get A Prop Vlv From A Crown Vic.i Took Some Off Another T-bird At The Junkyard But They're Black And Then I Got One Off A Lincoln Town Car Its Bigger Than The T-bird Ones And Is Silver I Guess I'll Have To Find One Off A C.v Or Go To Ford And Try To Buy One. And No I Didn't Get The T-block From The C.v. I Just Order The Booster And M/c New From Advance Auto Parts.if I Need The T-block Which One Is It And Would It Be Off A 93 C.v. Also Because If I Need It I'll Find One Cause I Don't Want To Half-a** My Baby Ya Know.also Thanks Alot For All The Info.

JAY

Back