PDA

View Full Version : Another Abs Conversion

THE BIRDMAN
09-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know where to hook the vacuum up on a 1991 SC after you have converted over to normal power brakes. I got the booster for my year T-Bird and a master cylinder from a 93 Crown Vic (Well I got the m/c on order) but where do i hook the vacuum up for the booster any help would be greaaaaaaaaatly apprecciated.

Super XR7
09-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Mine goes to the vacuum tree. And the tree vacuum gets its vacuum from the inlet plenum just past the throttle body.

Mike

THE BIRDMAN
09-15-2006, 06:41 AM
The Tree On Right Below The Cowling Just To The Right Of The Booster If You're Standing In Front Of The Car?

Super XR7
09-15-2006, 04:41 PM
The Tree On Right Below The Cowling Just To The Right Of The Booster If You're Standing In Front Of The Car?

No, I used the tree below the cowl behind the supercharger.

Mike

7birdslater
09-15-2006, 10:43 PM
My 90 had a fitting right above where the booster was. I used the hose and vac dist block from the same crown vic as the master cylinder. Getting rid of the ABS is the most usefull mod ive ever done to a SC! I only wish I had gotten a new booster, as the one I have is hissing like madd with the brakes applied.

THE BIRDMAN
09-16-2006, 08:30 AM
Sweet Thanks For The Info I Hated The Abs On My Car Anyway And Yeah I Bought A New Booster And M/c Cause That Booster Was Such A Pain I Didn't Want To Have To Do It Twice Lol.did You Use The Inline Pro Valve And If So Was It Short And Black?

7birdslater
09-16-2006, 08:57 AM
The crown vic prop valve is threaded into the rear port on the MC, and mine is brass color. The rear line screws right into it. I kept the SC prop valve too. Did you get the splitter block for the front brake lines?

Super XR7
09-16-2006, 09:44 AM
No, I used the tree below the cowl behind the supercharger.

Mike

I just looked at how I installed the vacuum line and no I did not go where I said. I did run it to the vacuum connection just above the booster.

Mike

Super XR7
09-16-2006, 09:45 AM
The crown vic prop valve is threaded into the rear port on the MC, and mine is brass color. The rear line screws right into it. I kept the SC prop valve too. Did you get the splitter block for the front brake lines?

Yes, bought a T and fittings from Autozone.

Mike

THE BIRDMAN
09-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks For The Vaccuum Line Info. I Guess I'll Have To Get A Prop Vlv From A Crown Vic.i Took Some Off Another T-bird At The Junkyard But They're Black And Then I Got One Off A Lincoln Town Car Its Bigger Than The T-bird Ones And Is Silver I Guess I'll Have To Find One Off A C.v Or Go To Ford And Try To Buy One. And No I Didn't Get The T-block From The C.v. I Just Order The Booster And M/c New From Advance Auto Parts.if I Need The T-block Which One Is It And Would It Be Off A 93 C.v. Also Because If I Need It I'll Find One Cause I Don't Want To Half-a** My Baby Ya Know.also Thanks Alot For All The Info.

JAY