Dyno Competition Info

XR7 Dave

Check the rules here: Dyno Competition
Any questions please ask now.

Please use this thread to sign up or email me directly. Either is fine. If we do not have enough entries in each class to fill it, we will still run the class, but we may allow more entries for the other classes instead. We are shooting for about 5 entries in each catagory but we realize that there may be some more popular than others. We will address that as we fill the classes.

1) Highest HP internally stock V-6. No nitrous is allowed, but just about anything else is permitted.

1. Dave Sabados - qualified
2. Mike Harms -
3. Doug DeBaise -
4. Bruce Burns - qualified
5. Moses Torres -
6. Jerrod Imerbthama - qualified
7. Paul Meadows -
8. James Smith - qualified
9. Ed Andrews -

2) Highest HP V-6 with an M90 and 5spd. No nitrous.

1. Mike Boylan - qualified
2. Ryan Ruvolo - qualified
3. Steve Webb - qualified
4. Bill Evanoff - qualified
5. Dan Sly - qualified

3) Highest HP V-6 with an M90 and Auto. Again, no nitrous is allowed. Everything else is open.

1. Mike Tuck - qualified
2. Kurt Kreisz -
3. Tony Serno -
4. Mark Kovalcik - qualified
5. Anthony Arnold - qualified
6. Ken Seegers -
7. Kevin Leitem - qualified

4) Highest Hp V-6. No restrictions, just bring it.

1. Micah Miller -
2. Jim Oneill - qualified
3. David Neibert - qualified
4. Brian Oatway - qualified
5. Mike Irving - qualified
6. Ira Robinson -

5) Highest Hp NA V8.

1. Rod Maksimovich 4.6 DOHC

6) Highest HP V8. No limitations, just do it.

1. Chris Lazzo 5.0 Turbo - qualified
2. Chris Davis nitrous -

Last edited:
Important Dyno Info:

I am listing everyone who asks to be put on the list for the dyno subject to the following considerations.

1) If you have provided evidence that suggests you may have an advantage in the class or provide to me data to support your nomination, then you will be added to the list as "qualified".

2) If you provide your qualifications but most likely won't measure up to the rest of the class you will be listed as "alternate" and will be allowed to dyno if time permits, in front of those who provide no supporting "documentation".

3) If you just select a class and provide no supporting information as to your performance potential, you will be listed but will be bumped if the classes fill up.

David

Just to clarify, this is NOT dyno tuning. No parts changes will be allowed on the dyno and you will restricted to one valid pull.

Last edited:
"RAISES HAND"

Dave, not sure if I am a valid entry or even a competitive entry for any class, just would like to see what you would think, and add me were you see fit. Thanks Mike

EDIT- Thanks for the Entry Dave

Last edited:
I'm raising my hand for the V8 class.

The last time the car was on a dyno, it made 243 rwhp / 246 rwtq. It should be around 250/250 now.

-Rod

Last edited:
sign me up for no restriction v6. i'll be filling out the registration form later.

previous best of 391rwhp

I'll be running my m90 this year. Wouldn't that put me in the M90 class or is my M90 too messed with to qualify?:rolleyes:

Slysc said:
I'll be running my m90 this year. Wouldn't that put me in the M90 class or is my M90 too messed with to qualify?:rolleyes:

I just went by how you filled out your registration. I assumed you are running nitrous?

Changed the classes slightly since no one seemed to be getting excited about posting a big torque number. We'll just let the auto guys flash away on their converters by themselves. :D

If need be, I can bow out of the stock class. Unless I feel like going crazy and stealing even more parts from my 93's parts bin, I don't expect to put up competitive dyno numbers. Car's just not in shape for a show, so I figured why not try the dyno.

specops_SC said:
sign me up for the "Highest HP V-6 with an M90 and 5spd. No nitrous." category.

Sign me up as well Dave. I'll be getting my registration form in shortly.

Qualifications, 300 RWHP (maybe 325)

Steve

specops_SC said:
sign me up for the "Highest HP V-6 with an M90 and 5spd. No nitrous." category.

We need each person to list what they have, what they expect, etc because some people will get bumped to "alternate" if they don't have high expectations. Link to an updated member page, mods list, previous accomplisments, etc all would be adequate.

Sign me up for the Highest HP internally stock v6 AOD.

With m90 blower
265.4 RWHP 369.2 RWTQ
flash with shift 280.8 rwhp, 419.2 rwtq

With A/R blower ,if allowed & I get it on and working
in time for dyno shootout.
Maybe 280 to 300rwhp .I really don't know.
RANDY BAKER

PS. is this heads up with five speeds aganst AODs.
Don't Non-Lock AODs read out lower rwhp power than 5-speeds?

Last edited:
Randy N Connie said:
Don't Non-Lock AODs read out lower rwhp power than 5-speeds?

Why yes they do, but the AODs usually have a rwtq advantage due to the torque multiplication of the converter.

With my times at the track my aod 90 with stock gears is likely right around 255rwhp with a stock motor except for:
Custom exhaust
5% jackshaft pulley
K&N panel filter.

Plenty for a 140k mile motor.

David Neibert said:
Dave,

Please sign me up for Highest HP v6 no restrictions.

David
Well, hells bells, there goes the neighborhood. I thought you were bringing it to race, not be a dyno queen! :p :D

Ira

Back