TCCOA Aggressive handling alignment settings

The_Ghost

I just had my alignment done today, using TCCOA's suggested Aggressive handling settings, and BOY, what a difference. It's like the car's significantly different. For one, the car feels faster, and it is definitely seems to sit lower to the ground. But anyways onto the good stuff:

Handling is MUCH improved along with mid-corner stability.
I'm very pleased. Anyone else currently running these settings?

It also looks neato, too, with some slight negative camber.

-Ghost

what kinda settings caster/camber????? and ride height???? what kind of springs are u using?
i don't look on the tccoa but i should

cody

i just looked at the tccoa, i was expecting more but those settings are pretty mild. they are all within the factory range. was the car also lowered? cuz an alignment doesnt cause a car to sit lower.

I had my car tuned to the specs a while back, didnt notice much difference, my factory alignment was good before and I had replaced the rack and pinion so I had to get it aligned again.
The settings are on the very edge of the factory specs .. which has a tolerance of only a couple degrees.

- Dan

hm,
It made a difference in my case, but I suppose that's probably because my alignment was WAYYYYYYY off...

but seriously, it does sit lower... :confused: I don't know why it'd do that either, but it really does seem lower. Maybe it's just my perception after driving a windstar for a day?

As has been discussed many times, those alignment specs will cause excessive tire wear. Just thought I would toss that out there.

What Dave said ...

Those camber specs are way too negative, MN-12 cars don't need that much. 0.7 - 0.8 neg. for the front, and 0.3 - 0.5 neg. for the rear are plenty, and will keep from chewing the insides of the tires off a lowered MN-12.

cheers
Ed N.

I don't know what my alignment specs were set at after getting the eibach kit on my car, but after performing an oil change and seeing baldness on the inside of my front tires, I guess I'll be purchasing new tires soon. But, I also need a new alignment to take care of it from happening again.

I can also speak from experience about the aggressive alignment settings. If you use the maximum negative camber thats listed your tires will wear the insides before 10,000 miles (some softer tires faster than that) John

Back