EGR transducer bracket and the MP plenum & sampling tube question

Tin-Knocker105

need Help here.
The EGR transducer bracket, where does it install on the MP plenum? Dosen't look to be a spot for it to go unmodified. there is a screw on the backside that looks like the clip can be modified and mounted there, But wanted to check and see what other have done before so i don't run into any problems.

thanks
tony

also i want to run some 36lb injectors on the car as well and have a 85mm tb
what color sampling tube would i need? Yellow?

thanks again

Attachments

• 100_1691.jpg
    100_1691.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_1692.jpg
    100_1692.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 100_1698.jpg
    100_1698.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
that hole in the first picture is where the EGR ties into it has a plate with two bolts and a cover to block it, is that what you are talking about??
I just put the plate on because mines a non EGR 5 speed.

dark blue are 36 LB but you may just want to skip and put in 42's since you have an MP plenum

Last edited:
The first picture is the stock plenum. I have a EGR on my 90 5spd so i got to hook it up.
And the injector question i was needing information on what sampling tube to use on the 85mm MAF to run 36lb injectors.

thanks

Sorry the first pic of the MP plenum the egr tie in is underneath where the two bolts are on teh block off plate

I just removed the transducer bracket altogether . . .

I am in the process of installing my MP inlet plenum with ported S-Model on my '95 5-speed. I had the same question about the EGR transducer bracket so I called Charles at MP and asked him about it. He said there's no place on the MP plenum to mount the thing so to just use tie straps and tie it securely out of the way. I went him one better and just removed it altogether. It's only purpose is to clutter the area and for something to scrape your knuckles on, anyway. :rolleyes: If I could know for sure that all that EGR plumbing is a big waste of space, I would remove it altogether. What real useful purpose does it serve anyway?? That's a thread all by itself!! I am waiting for my MP raised top to come in the mail so I can hook it back up and check my work. If you haven't checked lately, raised tops are on sale for $260 at SCP. This is the first time I know of where they don't cost $330. ;) Waiting for that is the only reason mine ain't back together yet. Can't wait to feel the difference. Two other things: Bill at SCP says 100 foot pounds is plenty of torque on the re-install of the IC tube, no need for 150. The other thing, my belt is too wide for the pulley (10%) that came on the SC when I bought it from SCP. So, I will have to either swap out the pulley :)( ) or get a narrower belt. Along with the SCP exhaust, it should run pretty good.

BTW, bolt sizes for removing bracket . . .

BTW, all you have to do to remove the bracket is use your small ratchet and a short extension to remove the two 5.5 MM bolts that you can see. Then there's a 6MM nut down behind the outlet plenum. A small ratched with a skinny five or six inch extension will get to that. Once those three items are removed the bracket comes out. There's no real good place to tie off the transducer, but once you get all your vacuum hoses hooked up, it hasn't much room to move around. I was surprised how much cleaner it looks with the new MP plenum ands the bracket removed. :D

Mine just chills out loose behind the plenum. It has been that way for 5 years now with no problems.

Back