HELP!!! with SC problem. Need help ASAP.

SVT2888

So I just got an SC that had a supposedly recently rebuilt blower. We'll it's making grinding sound now. Sounds really nasty. Makes most of the noise when the car is stopped. When it's moving it's not noisy at all. Is the blower FUBAR or what?

It should be alright....

Does it make more noise while it idles and goes away when you accelerate?

Mine did that for over 50,000 miles and I just finished the blower re-build and will start her up this weekend.....

Tin-Knocker105 said:
Take the belt off of it and grab the pulley and twist it back and forth and see it theres alot of play in it.
+1 if he put the solid coupler in it, or left the spring one in it...it makes a diff

are u sure it the SC Run it with the belt off and see. You can drive it around, and check it out. You ain't gonna have much power but you can sure tell if its the SC making all the noise.
tony

We're thinking it was the Alternator Pulley. It has alot of play in it. My brother is currently changing the alternator and all the belts since they looked dry rotted.

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!! It was just the stupid alternator. Car sounds wonderful now. Will get it smogged on Monday and where all set.

Back