please help if you can

96b.boy

hi i'm building a 96 super coupe powered stang and i'd like to take down some of the big boy at this years v six challenge the top dawgs are running low tens to 9's but i'd like to get into the low 12's high elevens on the bottle and was told to post up here to get some help .rite now i have a 94 sc motor im rebuilding just got her torn down haven't sent nothing out wanted to hear from you on the best ways to do this .the 3.8 in her now is bottle feed and i'd like to keep the bottle when done even if it only a 50-75 shot .i've beefed up some thing already ditched the 7.5 and went to a 8.8 tlock rear with 3.73 gfoce t5 trans and 255l fuel pump and 2 1/2 duals please hope you can point me in the rite direction
thanks for any help

Not sure if the T5 will work well with the 3.8 SC motor, because of the amount of torque you're gonna have when you are done building the motor. You may want to look into getting an SC 5 speed to put in it.

i looked into going with the sc 5 speed and there would be shifter placement problems so i went with a gforce t5 the one i got is rated to 500 ft lbs, 600 if you go with there straight cut gears and some of there other upgrades . I'd really like to show some of these turbo split port lovers what a blown single port six can do . is the 94 blower able to get me were i need togo ?I'd like to also go air to water on the after cooler thinking about something like vortec dose in there kits my biggest prob is not knowing how far i can take this motor and how to get it there

If the T5 is beefed up, it may work just fine. To reach enough horsepower to run 12s or even yet high 11s, get ready to dump some money into the motor. There is plenty of info on here about 1/4 times and the horsepower needed to do it and how they got there (parts they used) and work done to their car. You will probably need something beside the stock m90 blower, maybe a Magnaport III or an AR.

i've been looking into the ar but were can i get one and how much ? also been thinking about going the 4.2 route anyone put up any numbers yet?thanks for the help

Being that the Mustang is a good bit lighter than an SC, I think you could get there without too much extra cash. You might be able to get there with a stock blower, but that seems a little unlikely. You will probably have to upgrade your MAF and throttle body, and maybe a worked blower like RadiumSC said. Larger injectors, maybe a dyno tune (XR7Dave can help). Lower intake manifold and head porting would help as well.

As far as costs go my SC has about $5k in blower and intake and I expect a 13.2--if I can ever find and get to a dyno to figure out whats going on in the upper RPMs.

S_Mazza said:
Being that the Mustang is a good bit lighter than an SC, I think you could get there without too much extra cash. You might be able to get there with a stock blower, but that seems a little unlikely. You will probably have to upgrade your MAF and throttle body, and maybe a worked blower like RadiumSC said. Larger injectors, maybe a dyno tune (XR7Dave can help). Lower intake manifold and head porting would help as well.
just alittle bit lighter last time at the track she weighted in at 3013# with half a tank. i can pick up a pro m mass air ,with 42#injectors tommorow if that i'll be enough have a freind with a cobra i can get them off of.as for the throttle body i was gunna use a 75 mm 94-95 gt they work on the sc and i have the throttle cable so i don't lose cruise .should i do the lower intake like how they show on mn12 performance?thanks for the help

I have run MANY a t5 tranny with much more torque then a stang..I wouldnt worry to much about teh tranny you have.

A stock SC motor in a stang with a 5 speed should net you somewhere in the high 13's. T5's love .4.10's as well.

My advice is to get head work done and a nice cam while apart. For all intents the 94 cam isnt the best. Some H beam rods(351 W) and some custom pistons along with ARP head studs are in order as well.

As far as bolt ons non internal you can go there when you can afford to. Next step would be a porte m90, MP inlet, 75mm-85mm TB, 76-80mm MAF and 50lb injectors. With all of this you should be very happy performance wise and where you want to be..With the nitrous youde be doing VERY WELL...

well well well, today I just picked up an extra SC, inlet and outlet plenum thing, top, piping, intercooler--all the goodies you'd need to M90 a singleport mustang 3.8L.

What direction should I go with those? I pulled them off of a 35th anny.

Back