Down Tubes O2 Bung Location

Dahoopd

I have a set of 94/95 downtubes, the manifolds I have dont have bungs for the O2's. One down tube does. Does anyone have an idea where I can have another installed in the other to run the 2 O2's required. I want to have the bung installed before having them coated.

I assume I could just guess but with all of you fabbin mofo's out there, someone may already know. Thanks again for the support.

94/95 SC Exhaust ~02 Sensors

I don't believe that you have to. You must have got your downtubes from Wynn, check his site at Texasthunderbirds.com. He makes downtubes like this. The one with the 02 sensor bung goes on the pass. side, it's in the downtube. On the driver side, the 02 sensor is mounted into the exhaust manifold, not the downtube, therefore, only one side comes with the sensor bung welded into it. Hope this helps~

Take a good look, the driver side manifold on all SC's have a hole for 02 sensor in it. The pass side doesn't have 02 provision, as previously stated it is in the downtube on that side only. Now, I'm not sure if all 3.8's have the 02 in the driver side, it may be possible a manifold of another non SC has been used. John

Back