SPC Down Tubes and cat, what resonator

rickbtbird

I'm going to do the upper exhaust on my 95 Super Coupe and I need a clarification on the 2 1/4 SPC High low system with cats. I got this one my 90 with a magnaflow resonator which I bought used from a fellow in PA. It sounds good but for the 95 I was thinking about the flowmaster resonator. Questions here are:
  • Does the downpipes and cats belly up to the resonator or do I need additional pipes?
  • Which resonator will give me the better sound?

question 1 , depends on how far back they go,, I had 2.5 inch downtubes coming off my cats that hook up at or near teh stock location. You want the resonator to be close to the stock location .

Question 2 go with Magnaflow and be done with It , Use the 18 inch body 2x2.5 one 3 inch exit muffler Magnaflows are now all stainless so you won't have to worry , polished or not. what we call a resonator is actually a long body truck muffler. The magnaflows flow the same either way so the 2x2.5 is an inlet and an outlet same goes for the 3 inch inlet/exit.
After the resonator any decent mufflers that fit in the stock location should give it a nice mellow tone, Flowmaster,spintech, magnaflow,Borla.,,,,

If there is no emissions testing where you are, try it with no mufflers. I have stock cats, a Magnaflow resonator, and no mufflers. I like it a lot. It's not loud until you put your foot in it.

I don't know for sure, and to be to the point you should call Bill and ask him the questions. He's very willing to help.

But to throw a generality out there, down tubes usually come long so they can be cut to fit for whatever resonator or cats you might choose. I know the ones I got from www.texasthunderbirds.com were long enough to delete the cats if you wanted to just use a resonator.

Back