2000 Isuzu Rodeo

Treys92

Hey guys, I'm looking for some input on buying a car.

It's a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4x4 V6. It has just over 100,000 miles on it. Drives great, seems to be in very good condition. I have yet to get it checked by a mechanic and run a carfax, but will do so soon.

I am seriously considering buying it as my winter/daily driver so that I can retire the 94 SC to weekend duty. The price is right and it is produced by Honda, so I'm sure it will last more than 200,000 miles and be reliable.

What do you guys think? Good idea, bad idea? Anyone ever own one of these? Any and all input is more than welcome.

Thanks,

Trey

i had a friend who had one and he loved it at first, then hated it. he said it was a piece of crap and i actually dont think they are made by honda, just put some badges on there to say it was theres. i could be wrong on that one though.

From my understanding, they use the same 3.2 V6, trans, etc. that is used in the Honda Passport...basically the exact same vehicle. Which I beleive was built in Indiana, maybe.

Thanks for the input, its always good to know others past experiences...keep it coming.

-Trey

If the AC goes out, good luck finding a compressor that will last longer than 30 days. Im not joking. I had a customer that we sold a compressor, orfice, and accumulator to. Next month, we had to warranty out a compressor. The following month, same thing. 6 months went by replacing 6 more compressors, we just gave the customer their money back.

The place I go through for odd AC items(MN12 SC's being one of them), told me the only way they sell the compressor is in the entire kit. Everything AC wise, everything, cost? $1700.

Rear drums? If it needs drums, they ONLY place to get them is from the dealer. walk-in price is around 150 bucks a piece. The drums from Advance, AZ, Napa, Carquest, Broughton, O'Reilly, will not work. The center bore is too small from the aftermarket to fit on the axles..

trying not to piss in you cornflakes, just letting you know.

well my father just bought one I really tried to have him not buy it but he didn't listen to me. Its a Honda Passport or Pissport as I call it. They are not very reliable from what I have read. He bought his and at 120k it already had a motor put in it that went at 80k miles. The trans slips a little when its cold(automatic). They are very notorious for having exhaust problems and intake gasket leaks. Even though its a honda its not the greatest vehicle. The CD ate the cd the first day he bought it. Cheap SUV's YES but theres a reason for that

The AC is not an issue for me, it currently works well. I'm a windows down man anyway :cool:

Rear drums also no worry, its got 4 wheel disc.

I have heard of problems with the fuel sending unit with these, it was replaced at 60 k under warranty. Also has an aftermarket Clarion CD player in it.

bring on the info, i wanna hear the worst horror stories and the brighter side (if there is one) :D

-Trey

I want to say the discs have a problem as well, same thing, center bore. dont quote me though.

The ac thing...look around...you will see a lot of the Rodeo/Passports rolling arond with their windows down because it costs too much to get the AC to work for a short while.

Hell, the dealers have the compressors on back order and the damn things are almost 900 a piece!

Back