blower question, lines

premo-s12

these two lines on the back, they're not threaded are they? i tried removing one and it just spun. any idea? i see ones a pcv valve, whats the other line(s) go to??

blower_1.JPG

Are you talking about just pulling the rubber hoses off? Pry into them with a small flathead screwdriver and work it around the hose. If you are trying to remove the metal tubes, I've never tried so can't help you there.

yea, i need to remove teh metal tubes as i dont need these for what im doing. any advice is greatly appreciated :) i have a feeling ill have to get them out, drill, tap and plug the holes...but id like to hit up this forum first and get a 2nd opinion.

These parts are not threaded. Use some type of penetrating oil. Let it set until it spins pretty easily. Then with a pair of pliers' gently pull and twist it at the same time. If you plan on reusing the fittings, be sure not to damage them with the pliers when you are extracting them. When you are ready to reinstall just lightly sand dowen the fittings where they go back into the hole, use some gasket maker to insure no vacume leaks. Insure you clean the holes out well so the gasket maker will stick. Hope this helps. It worked for me.

Back