PDA

View Full Version : question on tuning

mywhite89
09-18-2006, 10:05 AM
I pulled my stock motor apart. I am compleley refreshing everything internally on the motor up. Fully forged bottom end, different cam, and built heads w/ larger valVes. MPII blower, the full 9 yards. Am I going to need some sort of rough tune to even be able to start this car up when I am done? What are my options?

sizemoremk
09-18-2006, 11:03 AM
I have all that with 50lb injectors, and it started fine with no tune. The wideband showed really rich at WOT, but light and cruise was fine. I did have the correct sample tube for the MAF, but I hear some MAFs/tubes are more accurate than others...

I think you'll be OK for startup, but I would not beat on it until I got the wideband data/or a dyno sheet with wideband numbers...

Just my .02

David Neibert
09-18-2006, 11:11 AM
I pulled my stock motor apart. I am compleley refreshing everything internally on the motor up. Fully forged bottom end, different cam, and built heads w/ larger valVes. MPII blower, the full 9 yards. Am I going to need some sort of rough tune to even be able to start this car up when I am done? What are my options?

If you use a properly calibrated MAF for whatever injectors your planning to use, it should be close enough to start and run. I would not be going WOT or driving it very far without getting it tuned.

There are a few people who can help with the tuning. Most knowelegable with an SC would probably be David Dalke and Lonnie Doll. I think an SCT custom chip is the way to go and both the people mentioned above can provide that.

David

mywhite89
09-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the information guys. I have seen Dave Dalke in action, and Lonnie is the man when it comes to 4.6's. I guess I just have to buy the sampling tubes. I will get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator also. I am glad I will be able to start it! :)

No way I will beat on it till I get a tune, I might drive it down the street if it runs halfway smooth though