Boost at rev in Park

neverfastenough

This might be a dumb question but I`ve watched several sc movies and mainly exhaust clips where the person is reving and theres a view of the dash. Alot of them make full boost when they rev to the red line. I noticed when I reved my engine trying to find a leak once I hit 3800 and I was only making like 3psi. In gear from a stand still to wot I make around 8 and then it builds to 12 at about 50 mph is this right? The car still seems to run great.

neverfastenough said:
This might be a dumb question but I`ve watched several sc movies and mainly exhaust clips where the person is reving and theres a view of the dash. Alot of them make full boost when they rev to the red line. I noticed when I reved my engine trying to find a leak once I hit 3800 and I was only making like 3psi. In gear from a stand still to wot I make around 8 and then it builds to 12 at about 50 mph is this right? The car still seems to run great.

That's normal not to get much boost when there isn't a load on the motor. What your getting sounds about right for stock.

David

thanks Im assuming the ones Ive seen must have had od pullies or something of that sort. I was just curious that I mihgt have a vaccum leak.

ah the hood was down I wish I could find the movie, it was on this side. It was a red 90 if i remember correctly running just a resonator.

If you hit the throttle quick enough you can make it go into boost while the car is out of gear. I just don't think it's a good idea to be revving a motor that fast without a load on it.

David

Back