FORD parts in a GM or GM parts in a Ford?

GM lost $2.9 billion, or $5.19 per share in the first half of 2006, while Ford lost $1.3 billion, or 70 cents a share.

my my my

MAYBE something good will come out of this and we will get well designed, reliable automobiles ... though it will probably just line a few people's pockets.

Ford just needs to hire a new designer instead of someone who looks out for 70 yo drivers ...Thats my opinion!

I have ford parts in my nissan pickup. I used the orignal tbird radio in my nissan picup after the factory radio went out and I did not want to spend any money.

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Ford just needs to hire a new designer instead of someone who looks out for 70 yo drivers ...Thats my opinion!

I honestly don't care what the car looks like that I put my wife in, so long as its safe, reliable, and I don't have to hear a bunch of BS about it breaking or needing service. I want an un-inspiring appliance that will run forever if I choose to keep it that long. My wife on the other hand wants something sleak, stylish or something ... I don't know, she talks I buy.

Ford has the best and brightest in the business ... they just need to organize it. BUILD a platform that doesn't require the subframe be dropped for service, they had a good idea with the "modular" motors (everything bolted directly TO the motor, and was interchangeable among all of them, and their idea's are incredible. But, someone needs to take ford by the hand and:

A: Build the Ford Version of the LS1
Why the LS1? Well, GM is putting that motor in EVERYTHING! They are coming out with V6 versions of it, etc etc etc. Its solid, reliable, powerful, sounds good to me. Ford has the ability to kick GM's ~~~, build a block for the DOHC head, that can swap in a SOHC head, OR put pushrods through. Take it and cut it up for a V6, I4 etc etc. Have them all share the same rod/pistons, bearings, oil pumps, water pumps, etc etc etc. It worked for Chrystler! Ford has done this many many many times, lets just get it RIGHT!

B: Ford needs to come up wtih chassis that don't suck ... they have BILLIONS in design software/hardware and the best minds in the business ... why would the oil filter be located over a starter? I can go on and on, but honestly, just get it right from the begining. Anyone that is a mechanic is tired of dropping ford subframes to do ANYTHING ... lets stop the nonsence.

C: Start building something that people actually want to drive. Back in 86 we had the ford taurus ... aka the best selling car ford ever produced. Everyone HAD to have one. Its reliability is very decent, it had ok power but most of all the value was un beatable ... what do we have now? A smaller mazda and a bigger volvo or a rental taurus that lost its way ...

D: Artificial aspiration ... we all love it. Nothing more needs to be said here.

E: Quality is job ...?

Back