Help No Pedal (brake)

THE BIRDMAN

Just Got Done Converting My Brakes.used The Booster From A 91 T-bird And A Master Cylinder From A 93 Crown Vic Plus The Pro-vlv From A C/v Bleed Everything And I Have Good Flow Without Seeing Any Air Out Of All The Brake Ports And Even The Bleeder Port On The M/c But You Have To Put The Pedal Almost All The Way To The Floor Before It Gets Hard.oh Btw M/c + Booster Are Both New.my Car Is A 91 Sc Auto.any Clues I'm Missing Driving My Baby And Badly Wanting It Back On The Road.anyone Live Close That's Had This Problem And Can Help? There's Defintley Some Beers In It For Ya :d Lol.i Live In Harrington De Just South Of Dover De.thanks Alot

Jay

If the brakes are working just fine with a low pedal then it's probably the Booster pushrod. It's the threaded post that sticks out of the Master cyl. side of the brake booster. some guys have fabricated a longer bolt and rounded the end to be able to adjust it out. I was impatient and in a pinch so I stuck a ball bearing in the master cyl. bore with some grease and re-installed it. I had to pull the master cyl. off and on about 5 or 6 times before I got it adjusted right. If you screw it out too far, your brakes will drag and always be applied. This is bad and very dangerous as it can boil your brake fluid. It happened to me and I felt the lines get real hot. I only had to take short test drives in between adjustments to get a good balance of firm pedal and braking force. You'll feel if it's right. It's tricky to feel if the brakes are dragging but just coast down a hill and if the car stops itself then the brakes are dragging. Only adjust the pushrod in or out 2-3 threads between test drives. It's quite a fine line between dragging and the pedal going to the floor.

Thanks I Was Just In The Garage Measuring The Pushrod Extension And The Mastercylinder's Holes Depth And I Found Just What You Were Talking About So I'm Currently Trying To Fab Up A Spacer Or Something .thanks For The Info:d

Jay

hey at lowes there are bolts with the same thread but plenty long you just have to grind down the bolt end a little so it fits in the hole...

paul

Thanks For The Info I Got A Decent Pedal Now I Just Need To Adjust The Bolt Out A Little More And It Should Be Perfect Thanks Again Everyone.

Jay

Back