What kind of rubber hose for EGR- (hose from EGR tube to transducer)

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
looks like i lost mine during the header swap. Its the small hose going from the side of the EGR tube (right under the valve) and hooks to the bottom of the transducer in the back of the plenum. I remember it wasnt just an average rubber hose...if I recall correctly it was like two types of rubber....im assuming thats needed to withstand the hot exhaust gases. Any info on what to ask about when I go get a replacement? Thanks!

The dealer will have it. I had to replace them before. I think its called DPFE hose. If you tell them what its for, they'll know what you're referring to. I don't think the regular autoparts places carry that hose either, at least the last time i checked they didn't.

pearl95sc said:
The dealer will have it. I had to replace them before. I think its called DPFE hose. If you tell them what its for, they'll know what you're referring to. I don't think the regular autoparts places carry that hose either, at least the last time i checked they didn't.

napa carries the hose

Pressure Feedback EGR Sensor, (PFE)
Differential Pressure Feedback EGR Sensor, (DPFE)

thanx for the clarification.

I went today to look for the hose @ napa and autozone and they didnt have anything. Guy at napa showed me a hose very similar to it, but it was close to an inch in diameter. I guess im going to try the dealer tomorrow about that, but I did notice that the fuel line hoses are also two layered...would those work? The guy at autozone showed me one made by goodyear that had a thin inner blue lining and then a thick layer of rubber hose.

If the hose is 3.75 inches long, I have one. PM me with your address and I'll send it to you.

FYI mine are about 1/2" dia., with a thick red silicone type core and a black rubber outer casing.

CaifanSC said:
thanx for the clarification.

I went today to look for the hose @ napa and autozone and they didnt have anything. Guy at napa showed me a hose very similar to it, but it was close to an inch in diameter. I guess im going to try the dealer tomorrow about that, but I did notice that the fuel line hoses are also two layered...would those work? The guy at autozone showed me one made by goodyear that had a thin inner blue lining and then a thick layer of rubber hose.

what color was the hose the napa guy showed you?

JD, thanx for teh offer my friend. I really cant recall how long it was. Is it possible taht you can show me a pic?

Joisey Jim...thats exactly how I remember mine

X182dan...the outer rubber material was blue, and the inner was redish orange color.

CaifanSC said:
JD, thanx for teh offer my friend. I really cant recall how long it was. Is it possible taht you can show me a pic?

Joisey Jim...thats exactly how I remember mine

X182dan...the outer rubber material was blue, and the inner was redish orange color.

that stuff should work just fine thats what its made for. What size to you need it in? Hell if we have it I'll just cut you a piece and send it to you

I went the safe route and went ahead to the dealer to get it. Pricey little hose I must say :mad: , I paid $29 for it :eek: . To my surprice I didnt get a 'two layer' hose like I had expected. Instead I got a greyish, one-layer hose that looks like its dusty...but thats just its color. I checked with Ed with the part number and he confirmed that I got the right hose and that, it is in fact, a DPFE hose. (side note, this 89-93 hose is different than the 94 & 95 hoses...FYI). The part number is E83Z-9P761-B. Thanks for all the help guys! You rock!

by the by...since I thought i needed to find a 'two layer' hose i missed my original hose at the bottom of my tool box :p ....DUH! It needed replacement anyways...It had a small hole that had been coverd with electrical tape. Im thinking the two layer hose is for the 94 and 95 EGR systems.

Back