Binding throttle body

kws6000

Im having issues with my professional products 75 mm tbody binding during initial throttle tip in.

Adjusting the throttle stop gets me past the binding spot but results in excessive coast down when the throttle is released.

Is this just my tbody or is this common to aftermarket tbodys (pp and bbk?)

Just about all TB's will do that if you back off on the stop adjustment too far. You should adjust the screw for the correct TPS voltage around .9 volts or so and see if it binds then. It shouldn't. I'm not sure what you mean by excessive coast down, though.

Mike Puckett said:
Just about all TB's will do that if you back off on the stop adjustment too far. You should adjust the screw for the correct TPS voltage around .9 volts or so and see if it binds then. It shouldn't. I'm not sure what you mean by excessive coast down, though.[/QUOTE

IF you take your foot off the gas at 20-25 mph,car will actually speed up a bit instead of gradually losing speed.

kws6000 said:
IF you take your foot off the gas at 20-25 mph,car will actually speed up a bit instead of gradually losing speed.

if your idle speed is normal then it is just a "Idle air controller" adding air at that speed.. that should be normal. Usually IAC adjusts idle to 1000-1200rpm if I put clutch to the floor during driving and adjust back to 700-800 rpm when car slows down to about 3mph.

Back