I think i found my oil leak

Tin-Knocker105

Ive been trying to find an oil leak on my 90 5 spd, it wasn't to bad but a last week it started to pour. Couldn't even drive it without it smoking soooooo bad. I had previously cleaned the motor looking for it. Changed out the PS hose thinking it was the leaker. Last weekend it put a new o-ring on the dipstick tube. nothing was working. and i couldn't see exactly where it was coming from. Finally last week i got some of the dye for the oil and it helped me to see the grooves in the oil pan, i wiped them clean and watched them fill up with oil, so finally i figured out it was the oil pan. since it's such a pain to do you want to explore every option to find the leak somewhere else. But i finally had to break down and pill the motor.
When it was clear of the engine bay wow there it was a big ol hole, So like any other SC owner i thought i would throw another grand or so in new go fast stuff while I'm at it. Lucky for me i got a couple oil pans here. one had a couple marks where it sat on the frame for a little while so i went ahead and JB welded it in that area just for fun. Well back to work
Later
tony

Attachments

• 100_1706.jpg
    100_1706.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 118
When i bought it yes.
I got it with blown head-gaskets over a year ago and changed the mounts when i did the heads.
At with the top end off it was a snap.

I think while i have this thing out and sort of apart i should go and re-torque the head studs.

What u guys think i put in ARPs?

tony

Back