Fuel rail soldering

No and I woul'nt suggest it, though I could be just being to cautious.
Though I would suggest a Lead-free soder.

It can be done but you really need a small weld socket, kind of like a sleeve that would fit over both ends and it would have to be silver soldered. Anything else would not hold I beleive

Ken

go to u pull it, find a replacement! you will have less headaches that way, believe me!
Ive seen fires that way its no fun!:eek:

paul

I figured I'd use copper pipe as a sleeve, then solder the crap out of it. Or just cleverly use rubber hose.

Thanks, wish me luck.

You do realize that the area is going to be experiencing vibrations? I wouldn't trust it to solder long term. Get a replacement from the parts for sale area, or a local salvage yard. You could get it next day aired to you for under $20.

thirdbird said:
go to u pull it, find a replacement! you will have less headaches that way, believe me!
Ive seen fires that way its no fun!:eek:

paul
Same here, I seen a NICE 90-93 stang a few years ago, was a mint car, and some ~~~ that didn't know what he was doing, just after doing a cobra intake / gt-40 top end burned the hell outta the car... If he would have turned the car off in time, it might not have been so bad...

midgetchaser is right if you have the ability.

Though I thought you can soder and as a saftey net you can use compression fittings and a sleeve, or just use compression fittings and proper hose.

Back