Another rear end ratio question please?...

tbirdsc35th

I was told the other day that if I were to change the rear end gears in my 35th, that it would mess up the computer. Is this true and is there anything to recalibrate when changing rear gears? Sorry just haven't done this on super coupes. Thanks everyone.

Not true.

No electronic adjustments are necessary when changing gears. You will have to buy a new speedo gear for your tranny so that you can get accurate speed ratings, but that is just a little plastic part from your local dealer.

Tell who-ever to what-ever, and not to feed you bull.

Thank you, Bill. I appreciate that.

In addition, for anyone who yet hasn't done this, I helped a friend today remove his automatic transmission from his 35th. I was astonished at how quickly and easily we did it. Not like the Mustangs of old. The exhaust system came out in a blink. The front section back to the Y, and then the Y section. It all just sits in factory rubber brackets with a very few bolts. The front of the rear axle housing unbolts and then drops a bit, and you slide the driveshaft back over the rear end housing and out of the tranny. The driveshaft just sits there out of the way and ready for when the tranny goes back in. Don't even ask how it went with a 70 Mach 1 Cleveland I did 2 years ago. Jeez. I love supercoupes. :)

My best to all.

Back