Linkable Fuse for alternator? 94/5 Birds.

91BLOWNSC

Can someone tell me the correct name for the fuse for the 94/5 birds. Its a fuse that is attached to the SIDE of the underhood long black fusebox, its black in the middle w/ 2 copper ends. The return from the alternator is attached to one end, and then from the other side to the battery. When the alternator is trying to charge the battery, I guess it sends power back through there. It says its 175amp. I am just trying to figure out what I am asking for, and if this might be a dealer only item, cause I blew mine :eek:

Edit: I did a little research on my part and found a few other posts about this. I take it the whole peice has to be replaced? I just need to know where to get it now I guess.....

Last edited:
I blew mine a while back, its the Main fuse .. just unbolt the two nuts holding it on and bring the fuse into the dealership. Thats about the only place to get a new one, cost somewhere between $10-15.

- Dan

I think they are available from some aftermarket sources, but the dealer should be able to hook you up. Ford service part number for the 175A mega fuse is F4SZ 14526 A. About $10 at retail price up here.

cheers
Ed N.

Another place

Many car audio places carry these types of fuses as well. that is where I bought mine for around $6.00.

Hope this helps.

Smitty

Back