Front End Question

Draino35

I have a 94 SC with 160,000 miles on it. as of right now my car is making a squeek coming from the front tires when I am driving. I can only hear the squeek when I am creeping along, and the faster I go the faster the squeek gets until the wheels get rolling fast enough so that the squeek happens to fast for me to hear. also I am getting severe tire wear on inside of my tires on the front end. so I am thinking that it is the ball joints that needs replacing. the car still tracks straight, the steering is tight, but this squeeking is pissing me off. even when I have the car up on a jack the tires dont wobble at at all and there is no wobbling in the steering when driving. I just want to pick the brains of the people on the board, see what everyone is thinkin. thanks.

I'm thinkin wheel bearing for the squeeking that increases with speed. For the tire wear on inside of tires I'm thinkin worn inner bushings on either upper a-arms or lower control arm, or both. John

Draino35 said:
I have a 94 SC with 160,000 miles on it. as of right now my car is making a squeek coming from the front tires when I am driving. I can only hear the squeek when I am creeping along, and the faster I go the faster the squeek gets until the wheels get rolling fast enough so that the squeek happens to fast for me to hear. also I am getting severe tire wear on inside of my tires on the front end. so I am thinking that it is the ball joints that needs replacing. the car still tracks straight, the steering is tight, but this squeeking is pissing me off. even when I have the car up on a jack the tires dont wobble at at all and there is no wobbling in the steering when driving. I just want to pick the brains of the people on the board, see what everyone is thinkin. thanks.
at that mileage you probably have some worn components. by far the most common items that i have seen worn out on MN12's are the upper balljoints.but you need it inspected to be sure what is loose if anything. all you may need is an alignment. wear on the inner edge indicates to much negative camber, or too much negative toe, or a combination of both.as for the squeak, have you checked your brakes lately?

it def. isnt the brakes, I just put new rotors on and the pads are a year old. I originally thought it was the brakes cause my rotors were warped but I put the new rotors on and the squeek continues. whats the best way to check the upper ball joints and the a arms and the lower control arm to see if replacement is needed?

Back