Tensioner Placement

Dahoopd

Putting my tensioners back on. I forgot where the longer one goes. It has been so long since I took them off the car and does it matter which short one goes where. Sorry for the dumb arse question.

Dahoopd said:
Putting my tensioners back on. I forgot where the longer one goes. It has been so long since I took them off the car and does it matter which short one goes where. Sorry for the dumb arse question.

Damn! No one knows but I bet everyone knows that My Space is non automotive.

And you are looking for help with that attitude?;)

Got up off my tush and looked under the hood. The tensioner by the alternator has the offset that places the tensioner pulley in front of the spring housing. The others place the pulley just under the spring housing.

the long one is used for the main belt bolt it to the alternator bracket, the 2 shorter ones are for super charger belts, and large or small idler pulleys can be mixed and matched for proper belt tension when swapping blower pulleys.

BTW thanks for the blower pulley !!!!!

EddiE

Mike8675309 said:
And you are looking for help with that attitude?

Mike...........I was kidding. But thanks for taking the time to look.

92_coupe said:
the long one is used for the main belt bolt it to the alternator bracket, the 2 shorter ones are for super charger belts, and large or small idler pulleys can be mixed and matched for proper belt tension when swapping blower pulleys.

BTW thanks for the blower pulley !!!!!

Thanks, I wasnt sure where the long one bolted up. As for the pulley, No Problem. Hope it worked out.

Back