92 t-bird sc

lon

well after all the money and time i put in this car to to fix the loss of power problem i took it to sterling car care and told them what the car was doing,the first thing they told me is it might be the ballancer.well 3 hours went by and i got a call from them telling me that the charger was bad(was verry low on oil,all most none)all most $250.00 for the check out fee.on my way home i stoped at fords and got 2 bottles of charger oil.got home and put 1 and a half bottles in to fill it.took the top off the charger and its all nicked up(rotors).put it back on and drove it and its a little better.the belt was slipping bad around 3500 to 4000 rpms but when i put the oil in,it stoped and i took the belt back and upgraded to a gater.this is everything done to the car in the last 3 1/2 weeks.headgaskets,190 stat,holly intank fuel pump,fuel filter,plugs,wires,charger belt,new heads(1 extra head from the old set that was good)lowering springs and all 4 struts(aftermarket),built aod trans,2200 stall,shift kit,373 gears,headders,full dyno max from headders back and rims.the motor dont burn oil,knock,tick and no drips,the trans dont slip,it barks the tires going into 2nd gear.trans has a small drip from the rear seal(i got the seal).the car drives stright with no rattles or noises at all(like new).no rust at all (0 rust) the only thing it needs other than the charger is the gear for the pass window,front seats are worn and your radio.reason for selling is that i dont have anymore money to put into the car.i got into a bad car crash 2 years ago(2 slipped disk and a pinched nerv in my neck)and havent worked sence.make me some offers.i need money to get a car(this is my daily driver).the car is verry driveable so if it dont sell ill just wait till i find a job to fix it.im not trying to b.s people,you can come out and drive it and youll know the car is worth it.here are some pics of the car when i did all the work and i have papers for everything i bought and papers from the shop that checked the heads. http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l127/lon01_2006/ make me some offers.Lon

Good project car

Just wanted to let everyone know, I drove lon's SC last week, and it is what he says it is. A very driveable SC. Even with the charger not working at full capacity it still gets up and goes. Also, after I drove it, we stood outside the car BS'ing with it running for at least 30 minutes with no problems at all. The reasons I didn't buy it are the rear end, I don't want a gear like that, and it's an auto. The last 2 SC's I've owned were auto's and I just today found a 89 5speed for about the same price I offered lon,,,sorry lon :( . However, I really was going to buy from lon today if this other deal didn't work out.

Good Luck lon.

lol i told myself if you dont buy it ill keep it and save the money to get a super charger and there is way over $4,000.00 in the past few months so whats another $300.00.by the way i would like to keep in touch and would like to see your new bird:D .Lon

jobob said:
Just wanted to let everyone know, I drove lon's SC last week, and it is what he says it is. A very driveable SC. Even with the charger not working at full capacity it still gets up and goes. Also, after I drove it, we stood outside the car BS'ing with it running for at least 30 minutes with no problems at all. The reasons I didn't buy it are the rear end, I don't want a gear like that, and it's an auto. The last 2 SC's I've owned were auto's and I just today found a 89 5speed for about the same price I offered lon,,,sorry lon :( . However, I really was going to buy from lon today if this other deal didn't work out.

Good Luck lon.
lol i LOVE my 373 gear ;)

well i bought the 94/95 super charger from rob 2 days ago and put it on today and its the same way so the first $1,800 can drive it away.runs A-1 but wont spin the tires from a dead stop but runs and drives like new.

car has new lowering springs,shocks,373 gear,shift kit,2200 stall,rims,hood,holly in tank fuel pump,fuel filter,plugs,94 super charger(bought from rob),headhaskets done less than 1 month ago,has an extra blower(92) with 10% pully,extra head,extra coil pak.nooo rust or dents,runs and drives like new.dont smoke,knock or tick.the only drips it has is the rear trans seal and i have that to.i just dont understand it,did a burn out and turned around and went to do 1 more for a friend and no tire spin when i did it the 2nd time.trans is good,rear end is good and the motor runs like A-1.if you want pics email me jessnlon@yahoo.com. i have the reciet with the date i bought the headgaskets and all the old parts.ill even take a trade for another car.here are some pics (2nd page)http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l127/lon01_2006/

Trade for a 91' Taurus SHO Plus? Heres the rundown:

This is a 1991 Taurus SHO with the "PLUS" package. This trim package was only available in '91 on select SHOs. It consists of a special "bulged" fiberglass hood, rear trunk mount spoiler and blackened outside mirrors and door posts.

This is the high performance taurus with the 220 hp yamaha built 3.0L V6 and manual 5 spd. trans. It has been converted to the ROD type shifter instead of the cable. It's all white (including the white "slicer" rims) with sunroof and all black interior. Everything on this car works perfectly. There are no hiccups or anything. Climate control, CC, power windows, etc.

During the time that I have owned it, it has been babyed. Strict oil and filter changes every 3,000 with Motorcraft brand filters only. Front and rear motor mounts, all 4 struts AND springs, thermostat and hoses, 4 brake calipers, pads and rotors, brake cables, tune, and more were all done within 20,000 mi ago. Recently (with in the past 5,000 mi.) it has recieved a new clutch kit with new throwout bearing and sleeve, sparkplug wires (no oil leaks into the sparkplug wells), coil pack, and waterpump. The tint was beginning to bubble on the passenger side windows so I removed it in hopes of retinting it later but never got around to it. The rear window tint is bubbling. The RR door and trunk lid were replaced a few years ago due to rust. Tires are all good shape w/ plenty of tread. It's a fun to drive car that gets at least 25 mpg in my all around driving.

Pics:

a1_12.jpg

80_3.jpg

76_12.jpg

Taurus3.jpg

Taurus2.jpg

Back