Exhaust leak

GotBoost?

Ok guys, question, on the stock manifolds is there any sort of a flange gasket where they meet the down pipes? I have an awful exhaust leak and I don't have the cash to upgrade my exhaust so I need to fix the drinking straw exhaust these things came with.

yeah

Yeah, my car is a 90 sc 5 speed so it has egr, leaking down tube? I need to pull of like everything on the passenger side to get to that damn thing to. Do you know where they leak and if it is "repairable" as opposed to needing to be replaced?

ok

Dude, do me a favor, and just humor me please. Say for instance I were to take some "Inferno" (exhaust repair cement good for 2600+ degrees) and liberally appply it to said hose, any chance? I just assume you've messed with it before. Hey. send me an IM, sn is Suburbanplayboy

You can disconnect the tube at the exhaust manifold from underneath. The get a threaded pipe plug and install it. Thus the leak there is stopped.

Might not be easy to get at with the exhaust in place fron underneath.

I know what you're going through, luckily for me the motor is out of the car and a new motor is going in. On the old motor cause there was a leak in the egr setup, all the hot gases melted a lot of stuff in that cramped space of the engine compartment. Although I got all new parts, I don't know how some of its goes back together. So my advice to you is if you got a leak there, fix it quick and fix it good, cause I sure would not want to go back into that cramped area again I were you. Good Luck. -Randy

Back