PDA

View Full Version : OctoberCruise '06

forcfed93
09-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Hi everybody. This is just a quick note to remind you about our Annual Fall Cruise to NorthEast Iowa.

This year's OctoberCruise will be on October 7th, (this coming Saturday). It will begin at 9:00am from the Go America Station on Highway 20 and 151 in Independence (as usual). We will be going North and East as far as Elkader before we cruise the river road south.

This year we will be making a few more stops along the way to enjoy the seanic views and the fall colors. We should be back in the Independence area around 5:00 pm so that everyone can get home at a reasonable hour.

If you are planning to go with us this year, we need to hear from you so that we can make sure we have enough seating reserved at the restaurant in Lansing. Also, we don't want to leave anyone behind. :D

I know that a few of you have asked about the route, and you are planning to meet up with us along the route. This is another reason we need to know who is going. If I don't hear from you by Thursday of next week (Oct 5th) I will assume that you are NOT going with us this year.

If the weather is bad, or if the forecast is calling for rain, please watch the club website for cruise updates. There will be a message link at the top of the home page reguarding the status of the cruise. (www.sccoia.org)

If you have any questions, please contact me asap so I can get back to you before we go. Email: forcfed93@juno.com

I hope to see everyone on the 7th,

forcfed93
10-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Our "Fifth Annual Fall Car Cruise" (a.k.a. OCToberCruise) route is set.

We will be meeting at the Go America Truck Stop at the corner of Highway 151 and 20 at 8:30am and we will be leaving at 9:00am SHARP.

We will be running a almost completely new route this year, but we have thrown in a few of our most favorite roads as well. We are sure that the choice of roads will please every driving enthusiast as well as providing a beautiful look at nature and the scenic Northeast Iowa countryside.

The cruise route is going to be a little bit shorter this year. This is so that we can take more time to take in a few more of the sites along the route.

Last year we stopped along the route and visited the Bily Clock Museum. This year Al and I have come up with something completely different for you.

We're not going to tell you what it is, so you are just going to have to show up and find it out for yourselves. Let's just say that, we think your are going to have fun with this one too. (HINT: Think Bald Eagle)

Be sure to let us know that you are planning to attend so we can book enough seats at the restaurant. It's another new place this year, and we hear that they are the BEST at what they do!!!! It should be a great meal.

HERE is a link to this Year's route (MAP (http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/images/octobercruise06/map06fallcruise.jpg)).