usable injectors?

The_Ghost

Can you source higher lb/hr flow rate injectors off of other ford cars or does it have to be Essex V6 specific?
If you can pull them off of other fords, what motors can they be sourced from?

Thanks,
Ghost

I'm pretty sure you can use the one's from the Lightning. I think those are 42# I'm not sure what the newer cobras have, but those may also be something we can use. I KNOW some people around know this for sure...

Don't forget sample tube or a tune to make them work correctly.

You can get injectors from all over the place. They are Bosch-type (refers to the shape) and high impedance (very important - you can't use low impedance). The problem is, it's rare to find high-impedance injectors in larger than 30lb/hr sizes on production cars. The Lightning is a perfect source for 42lbs, but remember that you will need to compensate with a tune or a custom MAF, as the last poster said.

Yep....they don't even NEED to be off of a Ford. That's one cool thing about fuel injectors.

So I assume the Buick 42.5 injectors I picked up will be ok. Is there anything that needs or should be done before using them. They look used but that doesnt mean its good or bad on the inside.

I think the Buick injectors are the proper impedance (based on research, not first-hand knowledge). So they should work as long as you tune for the proper flow rates.

Also, bear in mind that those are probably Lucas injectors, which use a disk-type nozzle instead of a pintle like Bosch. Those may be a little trickier to tune due to different flow characteristics at different RPMs. Some people on here have used Lucas before, I am sure, but I have not.

Back