Swap the SC and car won't run.

Payton

I was installing the SC on my friend's car. I got all the hoses, sensors hooked up. We started the car and it stalls right away.
I took the SC off, resealed plenum to the SC, reinstall it, paing attention to all the details, hoses, sensers and such. Started up, NFG. It can't build up boost, boost gauge goes to 10 on vacuum and back up to zero, car stalls. Couldn't keep it running with my foot on the gas.
Decided to run a code reader. It came with:
AC system is On during the test..
Purge valve failure
By-pass valve failure.

Need to pick you mind...car got my puzzled

Maybe the intercooler lines loosened up a bit during the process. Sounds familiar. Same thing happened to me when I changed the blower on my 35th, ended up being a vacume leak. Hope you find it.

Maybe the intercooler lines loosened up a bit during the process. Sounds familiar. Same thing happened to me when I changed the blower on my 35th, ended up being a vacume leak. Hope you find it.

Tim, thank you for the ideas.
I got all sorted out. when I was installing the SC back, PVC line from intake tube got choked and PCV valve on his car was unhooked, or got pulled off during the installation. After fixing those, car ran, but not smooth, surging and tending to stall. Turned out that bolts on the SC top weren't tightened enough. After resealing SC top, color nut and IC tube, we got car running like a champ!
He had 326km on his car and original SC:rolleyes: It was a b1tch to remove it, cause all the bolts were fighting me back...Old SC is shot, rotors make cluttering noise, snout was leaking the oil...I have to take it apart to see more)))

Back