PDA

View Full Version : Pump Motor or Accumulator

T-bird Tim
09-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Cant figure this out. How do you know which has gone bad? Pump motor or accumulator? I replaced my whole unit with a used one that I got on here. My old one had a very hard pedal and would hardly stop. I installed the new one and went to bleed the brakes. According to the manual, you are supposed to turn the key to on and have someone hold down the pedal as you slowly open the right rear bleeder valve. The fluid should be under high pressure as it comes out. My problem is that no fluid at all came out. Trying to figurwe out if I should take the accumulator off the new one and put it on the old one. Need some advice from someone who has dealt with this. I am lost!!!!

rlong
10-01-2006, 08:27 PM
i had to fill my master cylinder with fluid then let it sit overnite before it started bleading to the rear must have had air trapped in the pump

T-bird Tim
10-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Turned out that it was the wiring harness going into the ignitiion switch. It had come lose. Hooked it back in and bled the rear brakes and everything works fine! Took it to the track last night and had a good time.