Part number assistance...

LilCop2002

Hey folks. Now that I've searched for the past 5 days for my questions with no results, I'm going to post it up. I'm rebuilding my '94 SC and I want to know what the gasket set part numbers are. According to my local Advance Auto Parts, I need the following gasket sets to complete the build for $152:

Head Gasket Set- #HS 9642 PT
Timing Cover Gasket Set- #TCS 45951
Oil Pan Gasket- #OS 30625 R
Crankshaft Seal- #3909

All these part numbers seem to be off to me. For some reason, I was thinking that I should be able to just get an upper and a lower set or a whole engine gasket kit. I know that I can get the complete setup from Supercoupeperformance.com for $135. Why do I feel like I am coming up so short on this?

I'd also like to replace most of the hardware on the engine with new and nonrusted Stainless Steel bolts. The following site has a long list of sizes along with pictures that I think would be good to go with, but I think that the particular link is for N/A engines. http://rpm-mustangs.com/cart/pages.php?pageid=8 and/or http://rpm-mustangs.com/cart/pages.php?pageid=9
Is there anybody willing to look it over and see if it works or has any ideas as to a recommended route?
Thanks for the help,

Julian

Those numbers look right to me except I can't verify the rear main seal you have listed. I don't think Fel-Pro sells a complete engine gasket set. I believe what you want is the complete head gasket set and the conversion set which should be everything else. The $135 set on supercoupeperformance is for the head set only.

Thanks, Kevin. The term that I was looking for was conversion. I just ordered the following from Autozone.com:

Head Gasket Set HS9642PT-1 $72.99
Conversion Gasket Set CS8857-6 $26.99

It cost me $109.23 shipped to my door. I want to keep the money in the pocket of our SC personnel, but I don't see myself paying an extra hundred dollars for the kit.

What is the conversion gasket set for, or, better stated what are we converting. I am getting ready to do the motor in my 95 and am trying to get up to date on all the latest parts and conversions.

we're not converting anything. From what I've been told, that's the lower gasket set. Instead of having to buy parts solo, it's an all in one kit.

Note that the kit you ordered will have stock replacement head gaksets which are of a composite type. They are not the MLS gaskets that most are upgrading to.

Mike,

I think that I'll be fine with the standard gaskets for right now. I am going to see what I can squeeze out of the standard stuff without doing the MLS. If it's going to blow, I'll deal with it again when the time comes. It's not the most efficient way to do things, but I'm trying to make sure that things are going to run properly...

Back