stock but no so stock exhaust

neverfastenough

Ok Im am on kinda a budget and my local muffler shop told me they could install a magnaflow resonator dual 2.5 in and 3 in out and borla turbo mufflers 2.25 in and out all it the factory locations with the factory exhaust tubing because all the stock tubing it still perfect. I dont plan on highly moding the car so a giant exhaust isnt really important, no matter what it should flow better. All ths will cost under 200 for labor and about 290 for parts.Is this gonna sound ok and does this sound like an ok idea? Also is there any magnaflow resonators with smaller inlets and outlet to make it easier to connect to the stock tubing.

Thanks suggestions are welcome. but every shop prety much tuned me down when they saw the car and this idea is my only hope.

It will eb an improvement and should sound better however a few thing sthey will run into

Cant get a 2.5 inch to mate up to stock manifolds 2.25 merged into 2.5 yes

I believe the rear pipe going to the back is 2.5 inches..In saying that 2.25 into 2.5 back into 2.25 would do...

I'd just do the front half and resonator and leave stock mufflers if you arnt changing factory rear pipes. Save yourself some money

so dual 2.25 in to 2.5 out

If you deciede to change it all then dual 2.25 merged into dual 2.5 into magnaflow resonator single 3 inch out back to two 2.5 inch mufflers of choice.

Of course option 1 is cheapest and should do you fine

well instead of that t at the end with the 2 90`s I was going to have him run the mufflers in a v out from there kinda like fast92sc's setup if youve seen it.

with the magnaflow resonator(12280) dual 2 single 2.5 and the borla(40981)
Turbo, 2 1/ 4 in. Inlet/ 2 1/ 4 in. Outlet, everything should be perfect in/ out size right? then all the shop should have to do is weld on hangers im guessing.
Those are summit #`s by the way I didnt look anywhere else

well all they are really doing is cutting out the stock resonator and mufflers and welding in new. The dont even have to bend anything. Im still tempted to go wth the flomaster kit though

Don't do the flowmaster. Your OE pipes are stainless and the mufflers you are looking at are stainless. That means you'll never have to replace them.

Your idea is a good one.

David

neverfastenough said:
well all they are really doing is cutting out the stock resonator and mufflers and welding in new. The dont even have to bend anything. Im still tempted to go wth the flomaster kit though

ah that explains it

finished

Well finally got it taken care of. I put the borlas on myself but let my local shop do the resonator. Parts with tax and shipping Were $330.00 and total labor was $80 all in all it was the cheapest and easiest way. Plus as Dave mentioned it should last a long time with all stainless plus I hit the welds with some paint and made some tips that will be replaced with some stainless ones once winters over.

As for sound, even with the magnaflow and borlas being as open as they are its basically the same as stock with a little nicer/deeper note. I expect them to get alttle louder as they break in. I have to say Im pretty happy (lots of stickers and 3 jegs hats:D) and feel it was worth the money.

Btw any ideas on where to put the 2 borla and 1 magnaflow stickers at. Im tempted to leave them off, dont want it to ricerish.

Thanks for the help

Thats way I mentioned leaving them off. Mabey if they were small but they are pretty big. Perfect to add to the refridgerator door in my garage.:D

I thought about under the hood but I dont really want to cover up any of the factory labels. Ill find a spot for them somewhere. The way the car sounds you would never know there were any exhaust mods done so I highly doubt they will go on the car. My garden tracter has some prime real estate right behind the Cub Cadet sticker though:D

I thought about under the hood but I dont really want to cover up any of the factory labels. Ill find a spot for them somewhere. The way the car sounds you would never know there were any exhaust mods done so I highly doubt they will go on the car. My garden tracter has some prime real estate right behind the Cub Cadet sticker though:D

Put the stickers on your toolbox, your fridge, your headboard.....pretty much anywhere but the car.

David

Back