Turbo

cko1986

does anyone offer a turbo system? if not how many would want one if could get a good one designed and built? i am think about making one for mine. or should i just keep it supercharged and not bother

Turbo is a lot of work. I'd rate it as one of those "if you have to ask you shouldn't try it" type of things. There are some really good supercharger options out there that are much easier.

just wanted to get some feed back on what people thought. no matter i am going to desgin, fab. install one on my xr7 have it tuned and see how it does.i am definetly going to get supports for the rear end housing dont want am problems

Last edited:
i would imagine using a set of split port heads and windstar/freestar 3.8/4.2 or f-150 4.2 intake would help a lot, when coupled with a supercoupe bottom end for durability.

BUT if you cant use the split port heads use a set of NA intake manifolds and that should make your job a little easier-- i think.

But, this is all theoretical. I am probably not 100% correct on my info.
Ghost

regular na intake off 98 and earler 3.8 will not work with 99 and up split port heads would have to use split port intake also. have thought about it though but i have already ported my heads and intake they flow good with my custom exhaust boost dropped to 10lbs but power has increased still havent decieded what my exact set-up will be know i will be using the stock bottom end, it was rebuilt about 6,000 miles ago.

that is one of the things i am gioing to do after i rebuild the tranny. going w/3.73 and a new limited slip out of a 06 mustang gt. i have a couple laying around changed them out for Det. locker and 3.73 instead of the 3.31 factory gear.so i have 3 brand new lsd w/between 65-100 miles on them so they are basiclly brand new slap some new gears on them and i am good to go.

Back