ABS question:

ecyrbh

I've read alot about the ABS conversions that you guys have done,but doesn't the ABS and the Ride Control work in conjuction with each other?Will the Ride Control still function witout ABS.Any help will be appreciated as I have not gotten my car up and running after 4+ years down time.Iwant to know what to expect and/or prepare myself when I go for that first test drive. Thanks,Bryce

Ride control has an input from the brake system in the form of a pressure sensor mounted into a block on the brake line that goes back to the rear brakes. (at least on my 90, that's where it is) When brake pressure gets to a certain pressure, it closes a switch which the ride control considers a signal to go stiff.

Now you have two options. Remove that switch when you pull the ABS and you'll still get ride control and no errors, but the ride control systme will loose it's info from the brakes.

Or you can keep the block in the lines somewhere and keep the pressure switch after you pull the ABS. It'll still work.

The ABS system has it's own pressure switch which is related to a higher pressure than the one the ride control seems to work off.

Back