Line Locs

68COUGAR

Line Locs

Has anyone put a Line Loc in their SC? It shouldn't affect the anti-loc, if it's done correctly.

68COUGAR

Re: Line Locs

XR7 Dave has put one in, he can probably offer more insight then I can on this.

Just to clarify though, you will need two locks, one for each front brake, and then make it into a t junction going to oen switch

Not sure why, but will ask XR-7 DAVE

Dave, WHY do I need 2 line locs for ABS? So long as there is enough pressure to prevent EITHER front wheel from turning, No ABS action should come into play.

Confused 68COUGAR

Re: Not sure why, but will ask XR-7 DAVE

Because each front wheel has it's own seperate line. Joining them together disables the ABS.

One switch, 2 line locks

I can still use one switch to set both though, right? How difficult are they to install? Where did you put the switch? Does the line lock actually hold the car back when doing a burn out? On my buddys bracket racer, he stages the car with the line lock ON, and slides the front tires until he's stages.

68COUGAR

Re: One switch, 2 line locks

That's how you know that the tires are heated, they start pushing you forward.

I'm guessing that your buddy has skinnies on front and an automatic trans, right? Let's see, 4" of lousy front tires vrs 12" of heated slicks with 500HP, hmmm, who do you think will win? LOL

I don't know, you could have seperate switches, that would be really cool for doing donuts!

I will jump in here if it's alright. If you use two switchs you could get yourself into a heap of trouble,let me explain..If one switch takes a @#%$ on you and you try to launch,you will be making a hard turn one way or the other,not good. Also if on of the sides takes just a split second longer to let go the same thing could happen. Use only one switch and put it on your shifter so you can have your hand on it and still do what you have to. These switchs can be put anywhere, but I have found that the best spot is on the shifter,unless you don't drive the car on the street. If thats the case,then a windup cord and the steering wheel are a good spot.. Good luck and if you need any more help let us know. Hope you didn't mind that I jumped it Dave??....Rich

Not at all. I guess I should mention that I never use the line lock for launching, only for burnouts. Being I have a five speed, I sit at the line without any brake at all. Good point Rich. I don't think you should use a dual line lock for launching at all due to the safety risks involved.

Although, I'm still waiting for the right opportunity to do some donuts with one wheel locked! :evil:

How much for a set of these and how hard are they to install

if ure really mechanical u could do one ure self with a solonoid between the two lines..but i have seen kits go for $50 Canadian..btw it will require a lil bit of knolage about ure breaking system to install

Back