T-Bird tranny in a 5.0 Mustang

Terrible Juan

Does anyone know is the older T-Bird (90-93 3.8 or 5.0) automatic tranmissions will bolt up to an 87-93 5.0 Mustang? A friend of mine needs a new tranny in his Mustang and there is a 91 3.8L Thunderbird tranny that he has access to...

Yes they will bolt thought a 93+ AOD is slightly different interanlly, but that only matters for rebuilds.

You will need to swap the shift lever and possibly the tv lever from the Mustang aod to the SC aod. Not a hard job but I mention it so you won't get rid of the Mustang levers and discover you need them. John

You wouldnt want to use a standard 3.8 v6 Tbird tranny however the SC tranny is actually better then the stang tranny..Has a better OD servo

You will need to swap the shift lever and possibly the tv lever from the Mustang aod to the SC aod. Not a hard job but I mention it so you won't get rid of the Mustang levers and discover you need them. John

Been there. Done this. IIRC there is a pin in one of the levers that needs to come out and you can miss it pretty easy. Just a heads-up;)

Back