had my s/c changed out .found lots of oil in side!

Merlon

so the reason i had i changed was becasue f the snout leak. leaked everwhere in my engine bay. smelled nasty too

there was also some oil where the rotors are, and in the plenum.

is this the PCV sucking up my oil and spraying it, or the new s/c oil i put in to top it off the previous week?

90sc
15-50 mobil 1

might just go to home depot today and get some fittings and hose, and one of those filters see what happens after a week!

Probably came from the PCV through the intake. It's not uncommon to find a puddle in the bottom of the intercooler as well...

LJGriggs said:
Probably came from the PCV through the intake. It's not uncommon to find a puddle in the bottom of the intercooler as well...

Ditto....that's why I rigged up an inline fuel filter on the PCV valve hose. You can also buy an oil seperator intended for an air compressor.

David

Merlon said:
fuel filter? probably easier to find. what PN#

I just went to autozone and picked up one of the plastic ones that were located in the section with all the oil and air filters. It's a Tee style with 5/16" hose barbs. I needed about 2ft of 5/16 vacuum hose (1ft each side of filter) to get the filter located high enough that I could see when it was filling with oil.

David

so its a clear filter?

David Neibert said:
I just went to autozone and picked up one of the plastic ones that were located in the section with all the oil and air filters. It's a Tee style with 5/16" hose barbs. I needed about 2ft of 5/16 vacuum hose (1ft each side of filter) to get the filter located high enough that I could see when it was filling with oil.

David

nice...any pics, that would be greatly appreciated. just so i know i have the correct one!

I used a tbird fuel filter, it didint work very well cause I couldint tell when to drain it. Find a clear one for a carb, no part # necessary

Back