supercharger pulley replace

you'll need a 3 jaw puller to remove the pulley from the shaft.an impact gun works well to remove the nut holding the pulley on,otherwise hold the pulley with a strap wrench to keep it from turning and use a socket and ratchet

If you ever plan to reinstall the original pulley, then use some metal plates to reinforce the back side of the pulley or else it'll get bent :rolleyes: even with a 3 jaw puller. When installing the new one, heat it up slightly in the oven to about 250 and then promptly put it on the shaft. It will slide on and seat with no effort. ;)

Magnuson Products who is the manufacturers rep advised me to never impact the nut as it will cause seal damage and make it leak. My original leaked after being impacted. When I remove a stock pulley I put a wrench on the pulley's hex facing and use another wrench on the nut. I would think just a quick pop from an impact to remove it wouldn't hurt but I use the belt method to tightened it. When Magnuson did my S-port they turned the shaft down just enough that I don't need the puller anymore.

Last edited:
Go with the quick release pulley set up. After the initial install, it will make all later pulley changes an easy 5 minute job. I have this set up and It is awesome.

A small two jaw puller fits around the thermostat neck thing quick and easy. I had two blowers, both pulleys always came off relatively easy. if you have trouble, try wd-40 and half of an hour.

Be careful installing the 10%....

There could be some interference with the back of the pulley and the snout fins......

You might have to grind / file some of the fins to get proper clearance for the pulley.....

I had to do that when I installed my 5%......

Back