putting 94-95 nose on a 89-93

The_Ghost

I have a set of 95 headlights already, I SHOULD just be able to buy the bumper and hood, correct?

If not, what else do I need to update the front end?

The header panel should be the same, as the mounting points look identical and are held in using those same bastard clips.

I tried doing a search first, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks,
Ghost

Im pretty sure the headlamp mounting panel is different, but you could always try.

You'll need the hood, bumper cover, headlights, mounting panel, corner lights, and maybe the plastic inserts on the bumper core support that are visable through the later model radiator holes in the bumper ( if you want them ) ... then the wires will need to be changed, so you'll need the headlight harnesses - just double up the ground wires and use the power wire from the high and low beam on the original harnesses for the single 9007 lightbulb harness.

- Dan

Call me crazy but I wanted to retain my twin bulb system and work out something that will put my highs where the inner orange bulbs go...

Next, I've determined that the cornerlamps are the same piece, so that won't need to be replaced (since I've got a 95 sitting next to my 90 to reference)
The bumper cover mounting bits SHOULD all be the same, right?

Actually, though, I think I'll pull the header panel anyways since mine's kinda fux0red.

Thanks,
Ghost

I have a 90 model.The previous owner put a 97 front/rear on it.Not sure what all he changed though.Kinda new to these things,my first one.

can't see for the light

The amber inner light holes aren't focused as high driving lights. Putting high beams in there will likely give you great illumination of the bugs that are about to hit your car but not of the curve in the road 100 feet ahead.

Call me crazy but I wanted to retain my twin bulb system and work out something that will put my highs where the inner orange bulbs go...

Next, I've determined that the cornerlamps are the same piece, so that won't need to be replaced (since I've got a 95 sitting next to my 90 to reference)
The bumper cover mounting bits SHOULD all be the same, right?

Actually, though, I think I'll pull the header panel anyways since mine's kinda fux0red.

Thanks,
Ghost

The amber inner light holes aren't focused as high driving lights. Putting high beams in there will likely give you great illumination of the bugs that are about to hit your car but not of the curve in the road 100 feet ahead.

I've heard that being referred to as "going coon hunting"....

Ghost - The other thing is the reflector could be too close to the bulb in there and the heat off the brighter high beam bulb could melt everything on you as well.

Not a good idea what your thinking.

bummer. I suppose I'll have to leave it alone, then.

However, I just finished converting to a 94-97 decklid/light up tails last night and loooove it.

-Ghost

Is this a 89-91 car? If so where did you tap in to get power for your LED light harness? I'll be doing this soon...

Back