Looking for Kevin Leitem

BLittle500

Kevin,
I was told to talk to you about dropping weight off of my MN12 by some guys over at TCCOA. If you could please, drop me a PM. My car is currently at 3365LBS, and I am looking for ways to drop that. Also, my rear percentage is only 39%, maybe you have some tips there too.

Thanks in advance,

Brandon Little

Post it on here. I would love for my tank to weigh less than a bus. How did you get your car so light?

Marty

All that is in the interior of my car is the dash, an aluminum racing seat, and a 4pt roll bar. I still have alot of work ahead of me, but just looking for some advice.

Thanks again,

Brandon

One of the major benifits was the AJE front strut conversion. it came with the tubular K member and arms plus it uses a true coil over strut, it is basically a mustang front suspension now. it also came with the wilwood drag brake kit for the mustang. the whole kit dropped weight by 275. i also removed crash bars in doors, front and rear bumper. I traced all the wiring and deleted any that was not needed. non power windows and moon roof. light weight wheels and tires.manual rack, light weight summit seats. pretty much just went through the car a chucked what is not important.

Mine weighed 3485 the last time I had it on the scale. I haven't done the bumpers yet. I even scraped the sound deadening from the trunk area. I'm still looking for ways to lighten it more. How much does the roll bar weigh? I think I have to have a 6 point for NHRA. I'm hesitant to add the weight back in so I was going to go with the lighter moly tubing and at least save that much.

Mine weighted 3500 with me in it. I found a lot more to take out. Get at it. It is a cheap way to go faster but it takes time.:eek:

Not sure how much the roll bar weighs, I forgot to mention, I have NO glass in the car at all. Thanks for the info so far guys,

Brandon

I have a few more things to get rid of as well....my car is currently weighing in at 3080 lbs. with me out of the car.

Mine weighed about 3950 stock. I hear that removing the glass does remove a lot of weight. Since mine is street legal I'll leave the glass in. I haven't removed my front sway bar either.

I would think a A.J.E. K-Member would be one of the best mods.
BUY a K-Member with the motor mounts set back around one inch.
this should help in the front to rear weight ratio.

Thanks Randy

i plan on taking out the dash and getting rid of the heat and air condensors, motors ,ductwork. Pull out the power antenna, charcoal canister, cruise control. Pull the front facia off ang gutting the bumper, Doing the dorrs like kevin did.

Good ideaRandy but expensive. i only have a limited budget to work with.

Tim that was not a idea. Its been done. :)
And it was free for me. :p

If I remember right, back when there was a gp on AJE k-members
There were 3 built with the motor mount set back 1 inch. Two
were bought by SC Thunderbird people that like road racing.And
one for street/drag racing.

Randy

Last edited:
. light weight wheels and tires.manual rack, light weight summit seats. pretty much just went through the car a chucked what is not important.

Let me tell you those tires/wheels are LIGHT!!!

I think my factory center cap was heavier....no kidding.

Back