Help! the black ABS cylinder thingy is jiggling and pulsating!

The_Ghost

Hey guys, this sounds retarded, but theres this black cylinder thingy located right by the ABS system on my 90 5spd SC and its jiggling and pulsating with the car OFF. I heard it and its all shaking and moving and vibrating. Its a BLACK cylinder thing, just to the left of the ABS master and other running gear. Its really creepy and wont stop unless I turn the car off.

First, what the hell is it, and second, how do I make it stop jiggling and vibrating and making noise?

I know this sounds stupid, but I havent the slightest clue what the hell to call the thing nor am I able to come up with a better description. My ABS system is still functional, so I am not sure what the hell it is.

-Ghost

Maybe I should take a picture of the thing. It's next to the firewall, to the LEFT of the ABS modulator.

Stuck ABS relay

Get a new ABS Pump Relay (GP Sorensen MR120) and replace the dark brown relay up by the firewall on the passenger side behind the shock tower. Your relay is stuck in the closed position allowing the pump to run constantly (even with the key off). If you let the pump run like this it will overheat and fail. The relay should be less than 15 bucks as opposed to a new hydraulic pump assembly costing around 500 bucks...

You have a stuck relay. Its mounted on the pass side fire fire wall and it has a brown cover. Unplug that with the key on and I will bet it stops. Next take it to a auto parts store and get yourself a new one. If you have not replaced your accumulator (the black ball thingy) do a search for Prior Remanufacturing and get a new one. About $100 bux Dont let this go or you will be in need of a new ABS system.

Back