trans problems i think

lon

after 30 mins of driving and im doing about 35mph and i just push the gas paddle a tiny bit the car will cost a little faster then the rpms drop down and i can feel the trans putting a drag on the motor.a friend and i looked at the tv caple and its not bolted to the head to keep it in place and its binded a little on both sides of the eye hole where the bolt gos through.will that cause the trans to do that if the cable is mest up a little.

any advice??trans dont slip at all..OD is fine but seems to shift funny through 1st,2nd and 3rd.

i can't say whether or not it's normal behavior, but after driving a manual for so long, when I drove my VW I was disturbed when what you are talking about happened. I thought for sure the trannie was on it's last legs, but it lasted until I hit a tree and totalled the car. Now I have my jeep on the road, and it does the same thing. My freinds cavalier does the same thing.

Shifts funny, could you be more specific? Does it jerk your head back when it shifts, makes the tires bark, or takes too long to shift? The tv cable attaches to the throttle body plenum thing, it either moves back and forth with the throttle or it doesint. I've heard the Tv cable needs adjusting occasionally, just make sure you know what your doing.

after 30 mins of driving and im doing about 35mph and i just push the gas paddle a tiny bit the car will cost a little faster then the rpms drop down and i can feel the trans putting a drag on the motor and i gotta push the paddle half way to 3/4 of the way down for it to down shift.

Almost sounds normal to me, Might be a good idea to check the pressure in your tranny lines to see if its within spec.

If your TV cable is messed up, your trans will be real soon also. If you cant adjust it take it to a shop that can fix it.
Just being out of ajustment or if the gromit wears out will fry a AOD trans in a heart beat.

Back