Code 126 (MAP sensor) and Vaccum Leaks?

Charles G

:eek: Still trying to find vaccum leak 92 stock SC 16.5 hg at idle. Idle is steady (not missing) but shaking and no power in drive or reverse. Took off cowl, clamped hoses, filled with 20psi of air, and did the soapy water test, did find minor leak, but not enough to make a difference. Just got check engine light on with DTC code 126 (KOEO) which means MAP out of range. Can MAP be cause leak or is it due to leak. manual implies 3.8L doesnt even have a MAP sensor. I know it should be on firewall passenger side if there is one, dont see it readiy. Please help? Thanks.

My guess is leak caused code

From reading, sounds like MAP works by monitoring vaccum which will change due to outside pressure as well, so code is caused because 16 at idle is too low for MAP to work? Anyone agree?

Thanks I will check out tonight, Can bad BAP effect idle?

Will find where disconnected connector goes and look at BAP sensor when home tonight, will bad BAP sensor effect idle?

Will post pic tonight, Thanks

also, found a lose (unplugged) connector that is taped to harness that also has a connector that goes to AC bottle near firewall also, in same area as BAP sensor should be, could be when I put heads back on I missed plugging this connector in, maybe it is MAP sensor, didnt see where it would go while looking quickly this morning, will post update tonight. Have diagram of general area in electrical and vaccum troubleshooting guide.

Please name this plug, pic attached....thanks

I have been working on this car so long....found lose connector, have all books, and diagrams yet have no idea where this goes, hopefully it will solve my low vaccum at idle (16) and shaking, also should have something to do with BAP sensor I cant find either. This plug is taped to same harness that plugs into AC dryer, near firewall in front of passenger side, must have missed it after replacing head gaskets. Please help, thanks...

Please name this plug, pic attached....thanks

I have been working on this car so long....found lose connector, have all books, and diagrams yet have no idea where this goes, hopefully it will solve my low vaccum at idle (16) and shaking, also should have something to do with BAP sensor I cant find either. Please help, thanks...

Attachments

• Mystery Plug 003.jpg
    Mystery Plug 003.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Understand now, yes only BAP which has no vaccum

No, based on photo from another thread BAP is right on firewall and that plug is there, the connector not connected is taped to another connector that plugs into sensor on the AC bottle that has freon site glass on it. Connector looks new so must have been plugged into something, need to get back into car tonight. I am excited that this maybe cause of my poor idle problems (shaking and no power but not missing).

sorry dont know why my last post is out of order see #8

Pleae respond to number 8 which has pic of plug I am trying to identify. Thanks

If you post a pic I can find out what it is, or will know just by looking at it. How many pins in the connector?

Based on Pinpoint Test Manual, plug is to BAP Sensor

Flat plug with round edges, three wire....as shown in pic in post 8 of this thread, but does anyone have pic of BAP sensor, cant tell what it looks like from manuals, drawing too small, mine may be missing or hidden. Thanks...

If you need a BAP let me know, I pulled one off a 90 sc in the junk yard. I pluged it into my car and no CEL and no change in performance, so im guessing its still good. Pm me if you need it, if not im gonna hold onto it.

Back