High idle

tbonedawg

My 89 XR7 5speed idles at 3000rpm all the time. It just started doing it one for no reason. I replaced the IAC because my car made the goose honk when i shut it off, but it made no difference. I have also checked for vaccum leaks all around. It still runs great and had lost of boost but when it's not making boost there is a whistling noise. I took my car to a shop and put it on the scanner and came up with these codes 82, 13, 26, 12. Can anyone tell me something else to try?

Check for vacuum leaks again, and again if neccesary. The leak could be before the blower and would not affect the amount of boost.

Last edited:
bypass solenoid

Has anyone herd of a supercharger bypass solenoid? I think 1989 is the only year that has it. Is there a way to eliminate the solenoid?

Problem solved

Now I know for a fact that you must buy the ford IAC and not the aftermarket one. I got a Standard motor product IAC and put it on, but it didn't fix my high idle so i figured it must have been a vacuum leak. After messing aroud with all winter cahanging stuff i finally got a used IAC from the junkyard and put it on. Now it works like it should after all that ~~~~~~~~.

Back