leak

Pit Bird

I found a leak behind the T stat housing I can not tell if it is coming from the head or a rubber donut thing on the top of the timing cover under what the T stat housing runs into. It is a 94 with about 100,000 miles on it. Is it common for the head gasket to leak from the front . I thought it was the firing ring that blew and the oil is clean as was the collant. Or is it possible I have cracked a head. Is there anything below the blower that could leak coolant and have it run down to where the head and block meet at the valley. I thought the 94/95 models were less prone to H/G failure my 92 has far more miles and the H/G's have not gone yet (and it is beaten daily). If anyone has had a leak like this before I am intrested in hearing any theorys on this leak. I am hoping that is not the H/G but I think it is. I have not had the car long and the owner before me did not appear to care for the car the way it should have been cared for. I have found allot of mecanical stupidities so far so I do not know the condition of anything other than the things I have already fixed. Any suggestive help would be great because I do not want to tear the thing down until I can afford all the mods that can be done while the heads and blower are off.

I am just down I-85 from you in Charlotte.....

If you can bring it in to my shop, maybe we can see where the water is coming from and determine what needs to be done to fix it.....

Back