Well, now starts the more fun repair work...

Johnny_Squirrel

I should have known that with my SC sitting for a year and a half before buying it that it would have some brake problems. When I first started driving it the brakes worked fine (with the current exception that the ABS pump keeps coming on). After driving it a bit today I kept hearing some grinding from the right rear wheel, and I assumed it was probably a stuck slide and it chewed a pad down to nothing.

Nothing like being right I guess. I pulled the tire off today (heh, didn't realize how big BF Goodrich Comp T/A's were until I did that) and sure enough the back side of the rotor was being chewed up since there was no pad left. I hammered at it a little trying to get the pad free, but no use. I can't even turn the hub by hand, so that just goes to show how bad it is. I'll have to drive the G-Marquis until I get the parts.

I suppose it's also possible that with the e-brake being on for that year and a half it probably stuck...

Anyway, when I was able to turn the hub back and forth a little I listened to how much give there was in the rear end. I suppose it sounded like any other rear end, where when you turn it back and forth you get a slight "click" from the gears. At least I hope that's normal...

I've got a couple other things on my list to fix soon. The right rear shock actuator is actually sitting off the top of the shock, so I need to get that remounted. I should really get the ABS problem taken care of soon as well. I'm still having the minor interior electrical problems, but it's no big deal right now.

Engine tuneup soon to come. Overall I need all belts (badly), new plugs, wires, probably the cam position sensor, and who knows what else. I should really get the coolent flushed, and the rear end and trans (manual) fluid changed. I don't like taking big chances on fluids when a car sat that long.

Overall the car is starting to turn out well! Best $750 I've ever spent.

Oh, one last thing. Sometimes when I shift into reverse it grinds a little. Not sure if it's just the clutch or what, but it happens rarely, and I usually avoid it by shifting to 1st and then reverse.

every 5 speed i drove did that into reverse, i know what your saying i got mine for 800 and had to put a motor in it, it came with one out of the car (94 motor, 90 car) and as of now i have 600 in repairs, accumulator, exhaust stuff, belts, clutch, which just started slipping in 4th and 5th gear under boost, new tolrque strut bushings, and now all i really need is new tie rod ends, and im good to go, engines running good, a little rich but other than that, 13- 14 # of boost good luck with all of your brake problems, my e brake is stuck open that comes next alng with a set of 3.55 gears from a bronco, oh and that click you get could be from the u joints in the independent rear suspension, or cv joints whatever you what to call them

Back