Bogging under boost

TealThunder

Under normal driving circumstances it runs fine, but once you get into boost it bogs out, and sputters. I pulled out two spark plugs and both of them were bad, so I think its something to do with ignition. Any advice?

sounds similar to what happened when i was overheating. when it was overheating and i floored it/there was boost it would bog and sputter. my guess is that one of your cylinders isnt firing.

SEARCH, Change O2 sensors, dirty MAF sensor, vacumn leaks, check codes.
(sounds like it runs rich, then runs lean when WOT)

Last edited:
same problem fixed with

new fuel filter
redline fuel injector cleaner( or seafoam in the tank) and 10$ worth of arctic silver 5, its a heatsink grease for the DIS.

if thats not working out, clean that maf, takes 5 minutes and makes a difference. if thats not working out ( after you go through a tank filled with injector cleaner) try changing the plugs.

I had copper plugs and plugged up injectors causing bogging under boost when warm...the plugs were old and sometime the injectors get dirty.

LOL ... I think you may be missing the forest for the trees.

If two of the plugs were bad, maybe the other four are also bad?

Change the rest of the plugs (I know it's a pain to do it - I would advise going in from underneath the car), and do the wires at the same time. I'll bet that fixes your problem.

Back